A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party, Fontana Forno Toscano Margherita, or Bella Medio C28  (Read 1231 times)

Offline illinileo

• I Love Pizza!
I've researching the forum off and on for awhile, and am finally ready to move forward with an oven! I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the Blackstone for the convenience and quick start up time, but really didn't want to deal with all of the modifications, etc.  At this point I think one of the ovens listed above is the best, longer term option. Combining the convenience of quick start up, the authenticity of wood seems like a good fit for me. So many people of the forum are behind the Pizza party oven, so I am leaning in that direction. While searching on Costco I came across the Bella Medio C28 and a smaller version of the Fontana Margherita. Both look good, especially the Margherita. I haven't seem much on the forum about either one, so maybe that's my answer, but I just wanted to post this before to see if anyone thinks either of these ovens are worth looking at further. Thanks in advance for any info

Offline Soulboy

• I Love Pizza!
Effeuno p134h + raised biscotto + insulated door
Pizza Party 70x70 (stock)

Offline texmex

Re: Pizza Party, Fontana Forno Toscano Margherita, or Bella Medio C28
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »
I didn't modify anything on the new Blackstone.
Reesa

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
I'd take the pizza party over the other two choices. The Bella Medio is a cheap Chinese import that costs a couple $hundred wholesale.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline illinileo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »
Any thoughts on the Fontana Toscano Margherita? It looks to be well made, and the company has been making ovens in Italy for over 40 years. I spoke with the US Distributor, Kirk, and am impressed by the materials used in the oven, as well as the videos on YouTube. Just looking to make an informed decision.

Thanks!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:37 PM »
What did you see in the video that impressed you?

It's a lot of money for an unproven oven when the Pizza Party is a lot less $ and well proven.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

wordpress