A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Fiestada?  (Read 456 times)

Offline 3.14 Guy Version 2.0

• I Love Pizza!
Fiestada?
« on: April 01, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »
Did anyone here have fiestada as a school lunch choice back in the day?  They were these hexagonal-shaped Mexican pizzas on soft flour crust with a taco sauce base, some sort of fairly bland sausage and cheddar cheese. I must have eaten 10,000 of them as a kid! 

Years later I found that Gordon Food Service sold them frozen by the gross.  I bit the bullet and bought them and completely filled up my freezer with them. I didn't have kids at the time so it was just the wife and I, and we barely got through half the package (maybe 70-80 per pack) before the sausage started tasting nasty.

Anyways, with the good old internet I figured I'd find them again easily, but only found one on Amazon, and it doesn't look like the authentic fiestada I remember.

So, anyone know of this, ever tried to make them yourself? Any recipes?  Thanks!

Offline Trinity

• Lifetime Member
  • Extra cheese please!
Re: Fiestada?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 06:26:25 AM »
Yeah, I'd love to go back in time to eat some of the food they served at the school I went to. The pizza, Cheese burgers, The weird french fries, The grilled cheese sami's, The fish burgers. They always served buttered corn with the pizza. ??? Something I still do to this day. :-D
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Lifetime Member
  • Extra cheese please!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 06:56:18 AM »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline 3.14 Guy Version 2.0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 10:05:19 AM »
Bei eve me, I'm no fan of school lunches.  But Fiestada was damn good.  Yes, this is it, thanks.

Offline Trinity

• Lifetime Member
  • Extra cheese please!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 07:45:59 AM »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T