A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ken's Pizza  (Read 30037 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Ken's Pizza
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 01:00:32 PM »
I do like Mazzio's thin crust. It's better than anyone else's in town. But their Ken's pizza is even better. That reminds me, I have a coupon for a Ken's pie. I will use it and post pics.

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »
  Picked up a Ken's pizza....I think. I could have got a Ken's supreme for $ 10.99 with a coupon. I like just a few toppings on a cracker so I went with Italian sausage and mushrooms for $15. No more Ken's pizza boxes for one. The spicy red sauce seemed to be spot on. Not too sure about the crust, it seemed more in line with Mazzio's thin and crispy crust. The crust also seemed quite a bit like Pizza Hut's from the 1960's. Another thing, Ken's is supposed to be a 15" pie, this was a 14". Ken's is cut into 10 slices and Mazzio's 8 slices. This was cut into 10 slices. That being said, I had to stop after wolfing down half the pizza. I could of had more, but I thought I should quit while ahead. Besides, I have leftovers.

Offline clarkth

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »
That does look like the old Pizza Hut pizza.  I've been working on a version of it at home using a cutter pan but I'm not quite there yet :)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
Clark, the texture of the crusts was really close to PH's when I was a kid. My thinking is they are not using Ken's dough recipe anymore. Instead they are using Mazzio's thin crust dough. I've been tweaking my cracker crust for years now. I am pretty close to the PH crust. After eating this, I will be back in the kitchen for another round of experiments. I have a few new ideas.

Offline clarkth

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
Clark, the texture of the crusts was really close to PH's when I was a kid. My thinking is they are not using Ken's dough recipe anymore. Instead they are using Mazzio's thin crust dough. I've been tweaking my cracker crust for years now. I am pretty close to the PH crust. After eating this, I will be back in the kitchen for another round of experiments. I have a few new ideas.

Let me know what you come up with Nick.  I have some NYC style dough in the fridge now for the weekend but I want to do a cracker next week

Offline mvnolan

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2017, 09:22:53 AM »
The one I went to was an actual Ken's, but I didn't get to take photos.  They were swamped.  It was just like I remember it though.  Headed back in a few days, and will try again.