A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Suggestions for greater oven spring?
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Today at 04:13:11 PM »
Very nice! Say,. what kind of fresh mozz is that...looks like it's thin-sliced? Or is that not quite what I'm seeing? Whatever it is, it looks very good.
I'd like to get your opinion Tom and company... My dough is really good but I want great. Below is what I do after mixing we ball it at 250g and stick it right to the fridge and use it usually between 18-30 hrs later.
We use 100% caputo flour and ady

Flour. 100%
Water 60%
Ady.    .5%
Evoo.  1.5%
Salt.    2%

Again, we mix it together fold and kneed acouple of times, ball it at 250g place in dough boxes and right in the fridge. We take it out about 1 hour before use in our wfo and it lasts a day or 2 but by end of day 2 or day 3 it begins to sag and deflate.  Looking to be able to stretch it with out tears and also be able to keep 3-4 days if possible. Thoughts....
Shop Talk / Re: Selling pizza by the slice
« Last post by rps50 on Today at 03:44:25 PM »
rps50;
Are you planning to use a par-baked crust or are you planning to make your pizzas using raw dough? What can you tell us about the oven that you are planning to use? If you are not planning to use one, are you averse to using an air impingement oven? The reason why I ask this is because when properly set-up that reign supreme at making slices. If you you will be a heat-n'-eat much like Sobrarro's.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom,

Thanks for the followup. Yes, my plan is to par-bake the crust. Will also be doing Detroit style pizza. I was going to go with a BP gas deck oven. What makes an air impingement oven better for this type of operation? From what I've read online, faster cook times?

Neapolitan Style / Re: Introducing "A Taste of Naples Pizza"
« Last post by bradtri on Today at 03:39:24 PM »
I could see a helpful modification being a hinged, self-closing door on the pizza party.  Lift it up, it stays open.  Give it a push down and it safely closes by itself.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Another Effeuno P134H user
« Last post by schold on Today at 03:16:05 PM »
Man's gotta eat :pizza:
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Tom, what did I do wrong?
« Last post by stevenfstein on Today at 03:00:39 PM »
Peter, much appreciated. Now if I can only find the time....

Best..  Steve
Pizza Ovens / Re: Sams Club Wood Fire Pizza Oven
« Last post by rdbedwards on Today at 02:44:19 PM »
I just meant that I wanted to change the temp I reported on the post I made a few weeks ago, I'm ok with the current post.  Apologies for the confusing wording!
Doggone it! :-D
Newbie Topics / Re: Help and Advice Needed
« Last post by rdbedwards on Today at 02:39:46 PM »
I made dough this weekend using just the first mixing cycle on my bread machine, and leaving the lid open after the yeast drops in from the dispenser.  As a result, I was able to keep the dough temperature down to 75F and I really liked how the pizza turned out.  I'm getting larger and more irregular voids and while the size of the cornicione isn't the highest that I've seen on this board, I'm happy enough with it.  Thanks for your help!  Here's a photo:
Pizza Ovens / Re: Sams Club Wood Fire Pizza Oven
« Last post by Pete-zza on Today at 02:38:28 PM »
I need to correct my last post, my thermometer wasn't working properly.  The highest temp I've recorded on the outside is 350F.
How would you like your last post to read? Let me know and I should be able to fix it.

Peter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress