A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Hearth Ovens / Re: Finally starting my build!
« Last post by BANTAR1000 on Today at 10:00:59 AM »
If you have a good local supply for perlite/vermiculite

This has been an issue. I found one place in town.  It's a garden nursery.  They sell 4 cu feet of vermiculite for $20'ish dollars.   Where else would i find vermiculite and I can't find perlite anywhere!  Where would I get that? 

And I've read some pros and cons of vermcrete vs FB board.  I'm not intending on using it for commercial use so I don't really see how the vermcrete could be bad.  Any input? Thanks again?
Pizza Toppings / Re: Calabrian chili oil - how I make it.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 09:47:57 AM »
Put up a few jars over the weekend. Way more seeds and much thinner flesh in these peppers than in years past. The plant's don't seem as robust. The flavor is much the same though. I packed them with fresh oregano this time. It's pretty good.
Also cooks up some mighty fine biscuits! I love this oven!
Hearth Ovens / Re: Finally starting my build!
« Last post by vtsteve on Today at 09:37:50 AM »
If you have a good local supply for perlite/vermiculite, then perlcrete or vermicrete should be your *cheapest* option.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Today at 09:22:25 AM »
Thanks again!
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Pizza crust
« Last post by vtsteve on Today at 09:21:28 AM »
What is the diameter of your pizza? The pan looks very deep in addition to having a 1cm thick bottom - starting in a cold pan, the shiny sides of the pan will prevent the oven heat from reaching the crust until the pan gets hot.

I think you would get better results if you turn the pan upside-down, leave it in the oven during preheat, and launch the pizza onto it (use the sole of the pan like a baking steel).

In my defense, that one is much larger than his previous pies.   :-[ :-D

If you try this again, I'd start with one smaller than the flat area in the center of the pan until you get the launch down -- I'd do a few sauce-only doughs until I got the hang of it...
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 08:50:40 AM »
This is a totally delicious pie..many thanks Craig!

Looks great!
General Pizza Making / Re: Minolta Rokkor's Pizza Crusade.
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Today at 08:36:12 AM »
Will be interested to hear...For me, it's always turn on the tap and go, but maybe the Tidewater water is more tide than water? :-D   What was that part about using fresh yeast?...that seems a more likely reason
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress