A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: CookShack PZ400  (Read 722 times)

Offline PelletPizzaJoe

• I Love Pizza!
CookShack PZ400
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:44:12 AM »
I don't know too much about this... other then apparently it's a new offering from CookShack, a wood pellet fired 'commercial' pizza oven.   Probably on the small side for any place that would try to be selling pizza commercially...  But, for some 'rich' person , wanting wood fired oven... it may very well have some possibilities.   

http://www.cookshack.com/store/Pizza-Oven/Wood-Fired-Pizza-Oven-PZ400

Offline old_alex

• I Love Pizza!
Re: CookShack PZ400
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:08:40 PM »
5 grand for a pellet stove than can only handle one pizza, one heck of a capital investment for 1 pizza at a time.

Offline PelletPizzaJoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »
I haven't spent a lot of time looking at commercial pizza ovens that go up to 900F, cost less then a $1/hour to run...   but I did just see another pizza oven for $5000 that can only cook a 14" pizza ...  Turbochef Fire FRE-9500-1 Red Countertop Pizza Oven, so I don't think the price tag is totally unheard of.

Offline PelletPizzaJoe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
Keep in mind too, that the PZ400, runs on 120v , 5 amps.  You could run it in a food truck, or virtually anywhere that you have a big enough hood to sit it under.  NSF approved...

Pellets can be purchased for as little as $0.12/lb, they say at 900F it consumes about 3 pounds per hour... or about $0.40/hour.

Offline cshann

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:31:18 PM »
I've been cooking on the Cookshack Pellet Pizza oven now for about 7 months.  I was lucky enough to cook on it at the International Pizza Expo in Vegas (March 2017) and the National Restaurant Association Convention in Chicago (May 2017).  It does make a solid pizza.  Probably one of the best things about it is that because of the convection properties, you do not have to turn the pizza.