A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Long time lurker here...  (Read 619 times)

Offline Artfuldodger

• Don't be a square, be around.
Long time lurker here...
« on: March 29, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
For the hell of it, my goal is to be able to easily knock out 100 pizzas by myself. I have 3 black stones on the way, and if all goes well, I'm going to get me a pizza wagon. I do this all for fun at home. I'm a brisket guy professionally but in my spare time I knock out pizzas. Here's what I'm doing right now.

4 hour bulk in cambros
21 hours portion cold ferment
2-3 hour room temp

Home oven with my stone hitting 650 with an IR thermometer
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:38:35 PM by Artfuldodger »

Online Jackitup

• Supporting Member
Re: Long time lurker here...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:54:55 PM »
Nice!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »
This is awesome. I look forward to seeing more. What style/temp do think you'll try first on the blackstone? Your oven pie looks great. Should have no issue with that temp range in the BS.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:01:56 PM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline rrpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »
the ol 100 pizza challenge eh? Looks good and goodluck!

Offline firecrust

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »
this should be interesting

So a couple of questions, Is there a timeframe for this challenge? like 100 pies in XX hours?  Who is going to eat all these pizzas? My biggest pizza party had like 25 people there and I made 15-16 pizzas.

Anyway good luck, don't forget we want plenty of pictures

Offline kuhne

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 04:32:57 AM »
Wow, this is going to be fun. 100 pizzas dough? (I know its though, I just wanted to be funny, I am sorry) is this going to be for a super party or are you going to give them away? Maybe freeze them and eat pizzas for a long time?

Are all of them going to be baked on a home oven? I saw someone asking you about blackstone temps but I don't think I read anything about a blackstone in your thread.

You should buy 100 pizza boxes and put a sign outside your home/apartment that says "Free Pizzas today" and see what happens

Offline Artfuldodger

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »
Thanks for the interest!

I've been busy with life, so it's been tough to dedicate some time for pizza. For the past couple of weeks I've been knocking out batches of 24 dough balls during 1 session. My goal is to be able to knock out 100 doughballs so I can be able to feed 100 people.

My blackstones arrived yesterday, so I set up 1 and have been having trouble with the motor. It starts but slowly fails and starts again. I have to keep an eye on it so it doesn't stall while cooking. This isn't ideal because during preheat, it may stall and not  get the bottom evenly heated to char the bottom pizzas. I called blackstone and they are sending me a new motor.

I had dough waiting for the ovens' arrival, so I cooked them regardless of the motor flaw. 800 degrees was my desired temp and I am happy with it. I still have to learn and get a feel for the blackstone, but so far it put out some great pies. I can't wait to post more. The dough was only made 4 hours prior to cook. It's my ER dough.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:16:51 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline PizzaManic

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:25:33 AM »
Nice work

I notice your pies are stretched and ready to launch - do you not have problems with them sticking on the rack they sitting on?
Regards Mo

Online Jackitup

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »
I'm thinking they stay on the pans til half way cooked then slid off to finish
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Artfuldodger

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:13 AM »
Parchment paper.

Also, here's one of my favorite one's from last night.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:03:24 AM by Artfuldodger »

wordpress