A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Spazio 90  (Read 696 times)

Offline [email protected]

• I Love Pizza!
Spazio 90
« on: July 30, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »
i was wondering if anyone has ever used this oven or had any thoughts on it. I attached a link to manufacturers website that has a spec sheet. Its listed with a max temp of 750 degrees and that seemed pretty low. Any thoughts as to why?

https://www.alfaref.it/en/shop/domestic/spazio-90/

any other recommendations on a sub $2000 modular oven?

Offline Johny3

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Spazio 90
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 11:33:15 AM »
Hi Joseph,

I'm also looking for the modular pizza oven kit for my outdoor kitchen. More or less around the same price you mentioned.The max temperature seems important for me too, but on the other hand, a lot of pizzas in the restaurants are cooked around 750 F  :chef:

So, the max temperature of Spazio 90 may not be so low as it looks at first sight.

However,  I've found out very detailed review of modular pizza ovens on this link: https://www.myorangeway.com

Besides the Spazio 90, some very interesting pizza oven kits are reviewed there. Some ovens in that review are also able to reach max temperature of 1000 F  >:D!

I have not made a decision yet, but I'm quite excited by the Californo Garzoni 350. I hope you'll  find something useful in this review too.

Johny3

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Spazio 90
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »
How do the pick the "5 Best Modular Pizza Ovens" having tested exactly none of them? Maybe it's a paid advertisement like the best doctor and steakhouse lists in the airplane magazines? In any case, the author seems to have a superficial understanding of WFOs and limited working knowledge.

The the Californo Garzoni 350 is a particularly bad suggestion. Note the red line I added to the picture below. That's the top of the chimney which is the the de-facto bottom of the dome. This type of design has notoriously bad heat balance. All your heat will just flow right out the chimney, and you end up needing to run a large fire to maintain even a moderately high operating temp resulting in too much heat from the side and not enough from the top. You get pies with black edges and underdone tops.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage