A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Napolitana Wood Fired Oven Help Please!  (Read 643 times)

Offline BigMac

• I Love Pizza!
Napolitana Wood Fired Oven Help Please!
« on: September 14, 2017, 10:41:50 PM »
I am looking to purchase a WFO for residential use but would like it to perform like a small commercial oven.  I have a wish list below and am looking for oven suggestions from the vastly experienced members here.

1. Primary objective is cooking Pizza Napolitana in +/- 60-90 seconds in excess of 800 degrees.
2. I want the oven to be large enough to comfortably fit 2 - 12" pies at the same with ample distance from the fire.  I do not want to wish later that I had purchased a bigger oven. 90, 100, 110,  will fit well in the space. 120 is probably too big but I could make it work.
3. Adequate recovery time for entertaining and feeding 10-40 people.
4. Heat up time less than 3 hours would be nice.
5. Oven will be wood fired 90% of the time but natural gas burner option just in case the HOA in our community imposes restrictions down the road. 
5. The wife says is has to look nice and she likes the look of a traditional Napoli dome with center vent and color coordinated mosaic tile.
6. Budget is always a consideration but I realize the right oven could be in excess of 10k.
7. Outdoors and uncovered is my only option because of HOA rules and space constraints.  Oven would be in Palm Desert California where there is little rain and freezing is not a consideration.

I was looking at a Sefano Ferrara, Gianni Acounto or Acunto Mario as options and was excited about those choices. 
Yesterday I called Artisan Pizza Solutions to get a quote for a wood/gas Stefano Ferrara.   ;D ;D I was told in no uncertain terms that it was not advisable to put a Stefano Ferarra or other authentic Napolitana WFO outdoors and uncovered even in a desert climate.   ??? ???
Is this correct advice or have people successfully installed these ovens outdoors?
I have been looking at Mugnaini Prima 100 or 120 and Forno Bravo Vesuvio 100 or 110.  What are your thoughts on these ovens in comparison?  Are either of them capable of meeting my list of requirements?
What other ovens should I be looking at?

Thank you so much for your help!

Offline bradtri

Re: Napolitana Wood Fired Oven Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »
I'd give Antoine a call at Breadstone ovens.  https://www.breadstoneovens.com.  I have a FGM oven and really like it.  Multiple sizes are available.  Antoine is great to work with.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »
I'd give Antoine a call at Breadstone ovens.  https://www.breadstoneovens.com.  I have a FGM oven and really like it.  Multiple sizes are available.  Antoine is great to work with.

^^^ He's the one to talk to.

With respect to a <3 hour warmup, if this is important, it rules out the SF, GA, MA, and other similar ovens. ovens. Warmup on these high mass ovens from cold in the summer is 8-10 hours, and 12+ is better and longer in the winter.

"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline BigMac

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:45 AM »
^^^ He's the one to talk to.

With respect to a <3 hour warmup, if this is important, it rules out the SF, GA, MA, and other similar ovens. ovens. Warmup on these high mass ovens from cold in the summer is 8-10 hours, and 12+ is better and longer in the winter.

Thank you!  I will give Antoine a call.
I realize that warmup time would be a tradeoff for sure, but one I could live with.  Any thoughts on the Forno Bravo Vesuvio?  Thanks

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »
Any thoughts on the Forno Bravo Vesuvio?  Thanks

I don't know anything about it, and I can't remember any members here posting about it either. One big question is the deck material. Is it suitable for Neapolitan pizza?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline jmiliz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
Check out Forno Nardona. He built my oven and it works great and meets your requirements.

Offline DorisJ

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 10:31:54 AM »
Hi BigMac
I'm with www.breadstoneovens.com and we frequently build true brick wood fired ovens to be used, outside and uncovered, in residential settings. We also offer a wood/gas option on all of our ovens. If you would like to call us at 469.484.4990, we are happy to answer any questions you have about residential ovens (that will be the same quality and have the same performance as a commercial oven). We look forward to hearing from you!
Antoine and Tara

Offline scratch

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
Just finishing my Breadstone 950B R. Recommend.

[IMG_5225.jpg](https://postimg.org/image/mnf4w4lk5/)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:50:32 PM by Pete-zza »

wordpress