A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Uuni + gas burner  (Read 631 times)

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
Uuni + gas burner
« on: October 06, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »

This is what I've had my eye on for a while. I really would love to have a Pizza Party Bollore but for the time being I need something light,portable that's gas powered and low maintenance. Roccbox isn't offered in Canada yet AFAIK (I asked them when it was first released and I got a broad 'it's possible' answer but it's been well over a year and nothing). Blackstone would probably be the ideal suggestion from many but even that's pushing the limit of portability to the point where I may as well go with a Pizza Party Bollore.

Anyways, any Uuni owners out there planning to get this gas burner? From what I've read the Uuni didn't compete extremely well against some of the other options, but I wonder if this will put it on the same level. I know from reviews I saw there were complaints about the wood pellet system and that's one of the reasons I haven't purchased. With gas I'm guessing it'll be easier to control, more stable,  and less possibility for failure. Thoughts?

Offline Matthew

Re: Uuni + gas burner
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:49:58 AM »
Where in Canada are you located?  A Pizza Party dual fuel would be a much better option. 

Matt

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:03:01 AM »
Hey Matt,

I'm in Ontario just outside of a town called Renfrew. Ottawa is ~1 hour away and the nearest big city. A pizza party is definitely my first choice, but I'd have to figure out how to move it around solo (maybe with a dolly or something?)

I wouldn't want to be calling someone to drive out to the middle of nowhere every time I needed it moved  :-D I have to do the same with the barbecue and a few other things when we get bad storms or when animals are out and pick up the smell. I end up moving it to the garage from the backyard.

- Craig

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »
 if you are limited on funds the uuni2S works very well for the price.the uuni3 has issues with the redesigned pellet burner. pellets need complete combustion to give you a odorless neutral tasting pizza.a good wood oven does just that.
 the uuni2S burns much cleaner and you can get a really good pie out of it.
  the uuni company feels that a smoky taste should be part of the flavor profile. not sure why, but that is one of their selling points.

Offline janes_mw

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »
Hey Matt,

I'm in Ontario just outside of a town called Renfrew. Ottawa is ~1 hour away and the nearest big city. A pizza party is definitely my first choice, but I'd have to figure out how to move it around solo (maybe with a dolly or something?)

I wouldn't want to be calling someone to drive out to the middle of nowhere every time I needed it moved  :-D I have to do the same with the barbecue and a few other things when we get bad storms or when animals are out and pick up the smell. I end up moving it to the garage from the backyard.

- Craig

I have the Bollare and I can move it around. It's a little heavy, but I still can move it. I love it.
Always looking for the best! Haven't found it yet, but damn fun looking!!!!