Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pizzanapoletana on 07 Mar 2005
  • This is my last creation. With a wet dough, it is normal not to have a perfect circular shape..
  • #2 by Pete-zza on 07 Mar 2005
  • PN,

Thanks for posting the photo so I can see what a real Neapolitan pizza looks like :).

If you will permit, I have a few questions. Was the pizza baked in a wood-fired oven? Is there a direct relationship between the amount of starter you use and the amount of bubbling in the crust? And, using the natural starter in a typical amount (such as recited in your recipe), how long will a dough made with the Caputo 00 pizzeria flour survive at normal room temperature before overfermenting?

Peter
  • #3 by pftaylor on 07 Mar 2005
  • pizzanapoletana,

I now have a visual goal to shoot for. Thank you for the inspiration. The only other time I have seen a true Neapolitan Margherita has been in books. Your latest creation is at a minimum, their very equal.

In examining the photo as closely as possible, I'm guessing that the tomato sauce is comprised of crushed tomatoes with no sauce whatsoever?

Also, is the basil cooked at the same time the pizza is put into the oven or is it added after coming out of the oven?

What size is the pizza? 12" or less?

I look forward to your response.
  • #4 by D.C. Pizza Master on 07 Mar 2005
  • what do you mean by wet dough?
  • #5 by pizzanapoletana on 08 Mar 2005
  • DC

For wet dough, I mean a very, but very idratated dough. The Panielli (dough ball) become all attached in the dough trays and you need to actually cut them with the scraper.

Ciao

Marco
  • #6 by itsinthesauce on 08 Mar 2005
  • PF,

I'm in Hollywood, FL on business...Franchise Meeting. I've looked up Anthony's in the phone book, with no luck. Can you tell me where they are located?
  • #7 by pftaylor on 08 Mar 2005
  • Bad news: Anthony's is closed on Tuesdays. But it is located at 2203 South Federal Highway, Ft Lauderdale, FL.

I will go back Wednesday night for dinner. If you are still in town let's meet.
  • #8 by itsinthesauce on 08 Mar 2005
  • Thanks for the info and the invite, but I'm leaving on Weds. morning. Rats!
  • #9 by D.C. Pizza Master on 08 Mar 2005
  • DC

For wet dough, I mean a very, but very idratated dough. The Panielli (dough ball) become all attached in the dough trays and you need to actually cut them with the scraper.

Ciao

Marco

ok..yes...i make wet dough then
Pages:
Actions