A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Donatos Take & Bake  (Read 23037 times)

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: Donatos Take & Bake
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
I still have the box from the take & bake pizza I bought before I started this thread. It says the weight of the 12" packaged pizza is 23.90 oz. If I make a 12" pizza using my current definitions for dough, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni weights, my spreadsheet says my unbaked pizza will weigh 25.72 oz.

So if the weight on the box is the same as the weight of an unbaked 12" Donatos pepperoni pizza at a Donatos store, I need to trim 1.82 oz.

If my sauce, cheese, and pepperoni weights are correct (which they are, as long as Donatos take & bake pizzas use the same ingredient weights as the pizzas they produce in-store), then a 12" skin should weigh 8.93 oz (253 g). A skin of that weight and size has a TF of 0.079 oz of dough per square inch.

I was going to roll my next skins thinner, but not even close to that much thinner. Maybe I should roll it that thin.
Ryan
http://www.ryanspizzablog.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: Don't necessarily believe anything I say here. My brain ain't quite right anymore (unless it is). If I come off as rude or argumentative, that's probably not my intention. Rather, that's just me being honest, to myself and everyone else; partly because I don't have enough time left to BS either you or myself. If you are offended by anything I say, it's probably because you think lying to people (to be "polite") is a good idea. I don't.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: Donatos Take & Bake
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2014, 01:18:53 PM »
These two pics are from yesterday. The dough is from Reply #57 (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=30413.msg314616#msg314616). After removing this skin from the freezer, I kept it in the fridge for two days, then proofed on a pan for at least a few hours. I baked this pizza in the Mighty Pizza Oven at about 575 degrees (bottom stone temp), with no pan. This pizza was all right. It resembled Donatos but I wouldn't have been fooled if someone had given it to me and said it was from Donatos.

I still have two 14" frozen skins from this dough batch, plus another two frozen skins (14" and 12") from the most recent batch. The most recent dough is identical to the dough in the link above, except for the IDY, which I decreased to 0.3%. Also, I rolled the most recent skins to about TF=0.087, I believe. I have no idea when I'll bake any of these skins/pizzas.
Ryan
http://www.ryanspizzablog.blogspot.com

Disclaimer: Don't necessarily believe anything I say here. My brain ain't quite right anymore (unless it is). If I come off as rude or argumentative, that's probably not my intention. Rather, that's just me being honest, to myself and everyone else; partly because I don't have enough time left to BS either you or myself. If you are offended by anything I say, it's probably because you think lying to people (to be "polite") is a good idea. I don't.

wordpress