A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Blackstone Pizza Oven GROUPON!  (Read 4222 times)

Offline cjpatel32

• I Love Pizza!
Blackstone Pizza Oven GROUPON!
« on: April 25, 2014, 09:37:51 PM »
Just came across this...

Blackstone Patio Oven with Pizza Peel. Free Shipping.

http://gr.pn/QMTQCK

Finally ordered mine after I came across this today!

Offline hockeyfox

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Blackstone Pizza Oven GROUPON!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Do you know if this is for the new model with the LP tank holder.

Offline cjpatel32

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:57:05 AM »
Not sure...sorry.

Offline ccpark0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
This might be enough for me to make the jump into a Blackstone.  This is $10 cheaper than griddle guru and this one comes with a peel and a cover.  I just wish I knew if it was the new design or not....

Offline NHMike

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »
Well, it was enough of an incentive that I bought one.  Lowes has by me for $399.  Thought getting the cover & peel was worth the purchase.

Offline cjpatel32

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »
The Blackstone Pizza Oven arrived...everything was intact and well packaged. Put it together and will be testing it out tomorrow. I couldn't post a pic but she is beautiful!

I'll also be making some fresh dough and posting pics on Saturday...

Offline hockeyfox

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
The Blackstone Pizza Oven arrived...everything was intact and well packaged. Put it together and will be testing it out tomorrow. I couldn't post a pic but she is beautiful!

I'll also be making some fresh dough and posting pics on Saturday...
Did you receive the new model with the LP tank holder on the bottom.  I am dying to know as I am ready to pull the trigger before this deal is done.

Offline anverc

• gameplay engineer / pizza maker
    • sourdough utility app
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »
Did you receive the new model with the LP tank holder on the bottom.  I am dying to know as I am ready to pull the trigger before this deal is done.

the one pictured in the groupon is the v1 model isn't it?
i'm making a pizza utility app (currently "sourdough timer" and "ingredient quantity calculator").  works on smartphones, tablets and computers. check it out and give suggestions!
http://pizzautility.makebendrink.com/

Offline ams115

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »
the one pictured in the groupon is the v1 model isn't it?

Is there more than 1 version before the modification with the tank holder? Are there any other key modifications for the newest version that are critical?

I'm also ready to pull the trigger and only 7 hours before it's over. I tried calling Blackstone today to see what their price is for the new version, but no one is answering or responding to email (as they direct you to do).

To those who already own this: Is the tank holder on the new version that big of a deal? Getting a cover is worth it given where I live. I'm not a fan of aluminum when cooking, so the peel isn't to me.

btw, that is a quick ship! Usually Groupon goods take f o r e v e r . . . .

Offline Dusen berry

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »
The new version with the tank holder is not a big deal. I like the older version because it is more portable.  :chef:

Offline cjpatel32

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »

The model I got is the V1. This one didn't have the tank holder.

I'm posting a separate write up from today's cooking.

Get it if you can!

Offline NHMike

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Well mine just arrived.  The box looked kinda beat up from the trucking. :'(   I didn't have time to set it up, but the stones were broken.  Already called Blackstone, and they will take care of sending out new ones.

I will try to assemble it tonight.  Blackstone said I could still use it, so I am hoping to throw the 1st pies in tomorrow afternoon.

Offline SF City Gal

• There's little better than a great pizza!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
Mine arrived last night. I have just gotten off the phone with Vanessa at Blackstone. ALL Groupon ovens will be v1. She said that only their import customers are getting v2.

Anyway, she was very helpful and said to please call back if I have any more questions.

I was very impressed. She returned my call in under 5 minutes.

The Groupon deal is a great one. And you have 14 days to return it to them at Groupon's expense!

Kris

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »
What is an "Import Customer"?

Offline NHMike

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »
Well,....more bad news.  This unit is totally trashed.  Went to assembly it and found that one of welded legs that go into the stand was bent.  There is also a crack in the weld,  so I am leary about trying to straighten it too much.

Then I figured I put it together and use it on a table top.  I found the Heat Shield had been dented and thus was out of shape.  This wasn't too bad as I could force it into place.

The killer was the Rotating Panel.  Took me 5 minutes to finally figure out why it wasn't turning correctly.  The shaft on the panel is welded off kilter.  Enough that the steel plate will not rotate and binds up when you try to turn it.

Really disapointed as I had planned on a Pizza party tonight with several friends that I have to cancel. 

From reading previous threads, I am sure that Blackstone will step up and take care of everything.......but I was just really looking forward to using it tonight >:(

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 11:46:09 AM »
MIke, sorry to hear that .   Yes I think that the tube welded off axis is the one thing that users can't work around.  You can straighten a platter, heat shield , or legs, but if the tube is welded in at an angle, the platter won't rotate.  You could always try to see if you can bend it into alignment, if you had a pipe that is long enough and just the right diameter so that you wouldn't distort the inside of the tube,  and I would try that if you have friends coming over, but in the end, replacement is the best option.