Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by quietdesperation on 01 Sep 2022
  • swung by after us open, fantastic melt, iíve generally found queens slices to have cheese applied a little heavier than manhattan and no exception here, disappointing bake, a little tough. generally a beautifully composed slice but imo not destination worthy.

best, 
  • #2 by hammettjr on 20 Sep 2022
  • Ouch! Still my favorite slice. Any ideas on the flavor?

• #3 by quietdesperation on 21 Sep 2022
  • matt, flavor was good and if someone wanted to get a sense of what queens pizza is about, nowhere better to start. I guess when I say "not destination pizza", it really depends on what it takes to get there. When we were living in westchester, the hassle of driving an hour to flushing, parking and the not so family friendly area wouldn't have made it worth the trip. Especially with so much interesting asian food in the area.

I will say it's a fun, old piece of NYC, busy, no tourists, people happily eating pizza at the small counter and I'll definitely be back now that flushing is a subway ride away. And I sure do have a better idea of the melt your targeting. I think Harry used to think about different types of melts and this fell into the category of the sauce intertwined with cheese, not sure how they do that but one of my favorite melts anywhere.

best,

ps it's amazing that now I'm living in nyc, I'm making and eating less pizza...I guess there's so much else to try...
Pages:
Actions