Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Soaddrummer on 22 Sep 2022
  • Hello everyone. I am looking to open up a food trailer next year and have some questions I hope someone can answer.

In my province in order to prepare food either has to be done in a commercial kitchen or the food trailer itself. As there is no steady Power in the trailer , my question is do I make a dough that requires less time to proof and mix on-site? Do I make a large batch and freeze ? I am not sure if I can bring the dough home and freeze overnight or has to be made fresh each day . 

What’s the process you guys use?
  • #2 by Essen1 on 23 Sep 2022
  • Hello everyone. I am looking to open up a food trailer next year and have some questions I hope someone can answer.

In my province in order to prepare food either has to be done in a commercial kitchen or the food trailer itself. As there is no steady Power in the trailer , my question is do I make a dough that requires less time to proof and mix on-site? Do I make a large batch and freeze ? I am not sure if I can bring the dough home and freeze overnight or has to be made fresh each day . 

What’s the process you guys use?

You can power your trailer for hours on end with an adequate generator.

Make sure that your generator has at least 50% more kW/h than needed at peak times. That includes the 240V outlets. 
  • #3 by Jimbolini on 23 Sep 2022
  • I know nothing of Canada and their codes.

Here in the states (At least my state) you need a health inspection cert for every town or city you visit. (which can be pain)

I could be wrong overall, but something to look into as well.

Pages:
Actions