A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: "Thin" Version of Randy's American Style w/Bakers Percents  (Read 57158 times)

Offline tennisman03110

• I Love Pizza!
Re: "Thin" Version of Randy's American Style w/Bakers Percents
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »
I wanted to start with a "control" recipe. This was the same as above (no honey, 63% Hydration). My salt was at 1.65%.

The dough rose nicely in 48 hours. I didn't re-ball either pie to start (next time). I took the dough out of the fridge 1-hour prior to baking, but left them in the container until right before opening the dough.

I used 50/50 flour/cornmeal to open them. The first pizza turned out slightly more even than the first, and wasn't as crispy (a good thing here). Neither had great oven spring, I cooked them at 475F on a screen, lowest rack, about 10 minutes.

The flavor with less sugar is what I enjoy. However, it seemed like an increase in salt was needed. The crust alone was just slightly bland.

Along with increasing the salt, I'll try one with a re-ball next time. I'm not sure if there's anything else I'll also do next time, but still could have used a bit more "chew" and a more open crust.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T