A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Two Billís pizza..dough and Carmelina Sauce..great!  (Read 759602 times)

Offline Joe1

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Two Billís pizza..dough and Carmelina Sauce..great!
« Reply #2920 on: April 10, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »
Norma ..Here is a pic from that thin Detroit . Joe

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #2921 on: April 11, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »
Norma ..Here is a pic from that thin Detroit . Joe

Joe,

Your Detroit style round pizza looks very good!

Norma

Offline Joe1

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2922 on: April 11, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
Thanks a lot Norma  :) Iím just trying to get better !! A work in progress! :) I canít wait to make another on Monday to see if it will get a little thicker .. Iíll be using fresh dough ! Letís see ! Joe

Offline flight16

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2923 on: September 22, 2019, 06:41:40 PM »
What a large thread!  Can somebody kindly direct me to a version of the dough and sauce recipe to try?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2924 on: September 23, 2019, 02:25:42 PM »
What a large thread!  Can somebody kindly direct me to a version of the dough and sauce recipe to try?

flight16,

One place on this thread, at Reply 2641 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21559.msg423727#msg423727 the formulation is posted. 

Another place to look at is at Reply 2825 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21559.msg524033#msg524033

Paul explain TF at Reply 2852 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21559.msg536320#msg536320

Use my regular sauce.  You might want to look at different sauce recipes here on the forum, or start a new thread on making pizza sauces.

Norma

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2925 on: December 17, 2021, 09:03:31 AM »
Tried to convert Norma's recipe to sourdough starter and for two 9" X 13" pans. I wound up with an 815g dough batch that I have now cold fermented for 12 hours  and intend to hold CF for 48 hrs. more. I think I'm about 50g short of what I need for the two pans. Can I mix a small batch of same proportions and add it to the existing CF batch without courting a total disaster?
George

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2926 on: December 30, 2021, 08:53:47 PM »
Tried to convert Norma's recipe to sourdough starter and for two 9" X 13" pans. I wound up with an 815g dough batch that I have now cold fermented for 12 hours  and intend to hold CF for 48 hrs. more. I think I'm about 50g short of what I need for the two pans. Can I mix a small batch of same proportions and add it to the existing CF batch without courting a total disaster?

George,

Sorry I didn't see your question before.  I am not on the forum very much now.  You might have been able to add about 50 grams of what you thought you needed to the 815 gram dough batch.  I added some new doughs to older doughs before and if they could loosen up some by fermenting more, sometime they came out good.  Never know till you try, or you could have just made thinner pan pizza's and let them rise a little more before baking. 

Hope your pan pizza's turn out okay!

Norma

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2927 on: January 02, 2022, 10:30:49 AM »
Thanks Norma. I just made a new ball for the second pie and used the lesser one for a 12" round that turned out to be too much crust. Have not done anything with it after freezing (par baked). Probably nothing to be done with anyway.
George

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2928 on: January 02, 2022, 10:32:19 AM »
So I froze the par baked Sicilian now what? Is there a suggested method for thawing and baking?
George

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2929 on: January 20, 2022, 09:02:09 PM »
So I froze the par baked Sicilian now what? Is there a suggested method for thawing and baking?

George,

Sorry I didn't answer before today.  Just let the par baked Sicilian defrost.  I would suggest you use oil to add to the pan before baking, or maybe Crisco. If using oil maybe more is better. Since I am not right there watching what you do, if is hard to explain what I might think would be best. If you have any photos of the parbake could you post them?  Did you add any sauce before the parbake?  Baking depends on what temperature you are using, oven type, temperatures and other variables such of amounts of toppings.

Norma

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2930 on: January 21, 2022, 08:51:39 AM »
George,

Sorry I didn't answer before today.  Just let the par baked Sicilian defrost.  I would suggest you use oil to add to the pan before baking, or maybe Crisco. If using oil maybe more is better. Since I am not right there watching what you do, if is hard to explain what I might think would be best. If you have any photos of the parbake could you post them?  Did you add any sauce before the parbake?  Baking depends on what temperature you are using, oven type, temperatures and other variables such of amounts of toppings.

Norma
Thanks Norma. Yes I did use some sauce for the par bake. Baked until the cornice became puffy and separated from the sides of the pan. Kept it at rt for about 2 hours after removing from the freezer and finished baking in the same non-stick pan (no grease). Turned out just fine, at least for this amateur. Though I'm not sure if this could be a Detroit-type crust or NY. (Did not take picture of the par bake.)
George

Offline gdepozsgay

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2931 on: January 21, 2022, 09:32:57 AM »
These two crusts show how I do the par bake though they're not the ones I froze. First picture is raw and second after par.
George

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2932 on: January 24, 2022, 09:46:25 AM »
George,

It looks like you are doing well with your par bakes. :)  Your pan pizza's look good! 

When I started this thread I put it under Sicilian.  Really should have gone under Detroit style, but would be way too long to change it now.   :-D  In the end I was making Detroit style pizza's.

Norma