Pages:
Actions
  • #21 by Dangerous Salumi on 01 Jan 2019
  • Thanks for the tips guys. The key was turning up my oven temp and using a different cheese around the edge, I think. I had been using white cheddar around the edge. I don't have brick in Mississippi, so I used muenster around the edge. The combination of those adjustments seemed to get it very dark and crispy.

I would maybe work on the sauce. You can buy 7/11 on line. Itís nice and thick already but for Detroit pizza I simmer it at low heat to thicken it up more. For this sauce I add sugar, salt, olive oil/fried garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes.
  • #22 by nickyr on 01 Jan 2019
  • Thanks for the tips guys. The key was turning up my oven temp and using a different cheese around the edge, I think. I had been using white cheddar around the edge. I don't have brick in Mississippi, so I used muenster around the edge. The combination of those adjustments seemed to get it very dark and crispy.

Wow they were already looking good but that looks way better! Nice work!
  • #23 by skipreid45 on 02 Jan 2019
  • I would maybe work on the sauce. You can buy 7/11 on line. Itís nice and thick already but for Detroit pizza I simmer it at low heat to thicken it up more. For this sauce I add sugar, salt, olive oil/fried garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes.

Your sauce is quite a bit darker and richer than mine. I have changed to Red Gold crushed tomatoes and season with salt, olive oil, garlic powder, and an Italian seasoning blend. I am not a fan of spice, so I don't use any pepper flakes. I will try a can of the 7/11 tomatoes. Thanks. I have seen your thread many times. I really like the look of your pepperoni, green pepper, onion, and mushroom pizza. And your pans are fantastic. I should make that next. You make a great DSP.
  • #24 by skipreid45 on 31 May 2021
  • Haven't made a DSP in a couple of years now. I have a dough CF in the fridge now. 70% hydration.  Also got a new utensil to try out. Plan on a 20 CF and a 6 hour RTF.
  • #25 by skipreid45 on 01 Jun 2021
  • Came out pretty good. Thickness wasn't what I wanted.
  • #26 by HansB on 01 Jun 2021
  • Came out pretty good. Thickness wasn't what I wanted.

What did you want? What was the pan size and dough weight?
  • #27 by Gags on 01 Jun 2021
  • Beautiful pies in this thread!!  Great job!!
  • #28 by skipreid45 on 09 Jun 2021
  • #29 by skipreid45 on 09 Jun 2021
  • What did you want? What was the pan size and dough weight?

Didn't see your post before Hans. I don't have the weight from that cook any longer. Today my dry dough ingredients totaled 555 grams and 388 grams of water. This was in my 10x14 pan. It was much better IMO. Had a really nice high rise and was soft and pillowy.
  • #30 by HansB on 10 Jun 2021
  • Your pizza looks good! Was the 943g for one 10X14" pan? Here in Detroit around 550g for an 10X14" is the norm.
  • #31 by skipreid45 on 10 Jun 2021
  • Your pizza looks good! Was the 943g for one 10X14" pan? Here in Detroit around 550g for an 10X14" is the norm.

That is correct Hans. One pan. I was experimenting and wanted to see what kind of rise it produced since I was using a same day dough. The results were great for me. Although it's a high volume of ingredients.
Pages:
Actions