A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Mikes Hot Honey  (Read 877 times)

Offline Michiel

• Passion for Pizza
Mikes Hot Honey
« on: December 28, 2020, 04:23:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

Question about MHH.
I've bought some bottles of MHH and I'm wondering what is the best way to keep them stocked.
I experienced some problems with MHH being too hard so that I couldn't use it.

I am also thinking about buying a big batch (since I live in Europe) because otherwise I always need to pay 50$ transportation cost for a few bottles.
But what if the package is really cold during transport and the honey is all hard when it arrives?
Can I still use it then and is my MHH not ruined?

Someone advice? :)
Thanks in advance

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Mikes Hot Honey
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 07:56:10 AM »
put the bottle in a pan of hot water and let it sit and it'll be fine again.  MHH has become my go to pizza addition, I'm going to save up and buy a gallon jug, it's delicious on almost everything.  I dunno how much shipping would be, but you should look into the gallon bottle it might be cheaper to ship overseas.  Or unless you're set on having the actual MHH, making your own hot honey wouldn't be hard, and would save you a ton of money.

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 11:11:43 AM »
As Quebert says, make your own. Seems silly to pay to import it when it's pretty simple to spice up some honey. I bought it once locally and was under impressed. I can buy a jar of local raw organic honey, Blackberry being my favorite and drop some Tabasco sauce over it.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 11:35:12 PM »
Bloom some aleppo flakes, (or pepper flakes of choice ground finely) in a little hot water and stir into some slightly warmed honey! Calabrian chiles come to mind, and of course habaneros! Don't heat honey too much or it changes it's texture and enzymes. Lots of copycat recipes online!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline jadamczyk22

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 01:29:04 AM »
I agree with everybody else commenting here. Buy some fresh hot peppers, along with some dried chillies like aleppo/marash/urfa or whatever else you can get locally, then boil them for an hour or two on the stove. You'll get a nice result without having to import some fancy branded honey...

Online 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 01:34:09 PM »
If you are making your own, try using Agave Nectar instead of Honey.
It doesn't crystallize.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

wordpress