A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut Detroit-Style  (Read 880 times)

Offline CarryOn

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza Hut Detroit-Style
« on: January 26, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »

Online caymus

Re: Pizza Hut Detroit-Style
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 08:48:06 AM »
Another article

“Detroit-style pizza is the fastest-growing trend in pizza,” said David Graves, chief brand officer of Pizza Hut U.S. “It’s no longer a Midwest-only thing.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/26/pizza-hut-to-launch-detroit-style-pizza-as-its-turnaround-continues.html

Offline nickyr

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 06:16:15 PM »
This seems like something they could do well

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 12:33:26 AM »
Also seen the TV ad for this tonite! I think their crust might suit this style of pizza pretty well, may have to try it!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 02:25:35 AM »
Tried it last nite. It was tasty, but it would benefit by the oven having another 100° at least. It was very soft and doughy, almost gummy in the middle. Has potential. Either a hotter over or more time in 5he oven. Took a quick pic.
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline matermark

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
Tried it last nite. It was tasty, but it would benefit by the oven having another 100° at least. It was very soft and doughy, almost gummy in the middle. Has potential. Either a hotter over or more time in 5he oven. Took a quick pic.
How big is what you pictured? Is that one slice, or a big section or ?

I would love to try their version, I've been making Detroit style for a while, even Walmart sells a brand with 3 types, but the Pizza Huts in the Buffalo NY area seemed to have dried up with the pandemic--the app can't find a location within 50 miles!

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:34:11 PM »
After getting transferred a couple times from San Antonio and parts unknown (I'm in MN), I finally got a straight answer! My picture is 2 pieces of an 8 slice. When asking their call center the dimensions they told me it's a med square pizza,.......how long.....med........no, how long and wide........wait it's a rectangle med..........I KNOW HOW LONG AND WIDE IN INCHES........transferring..........asked again, after a few minutes they finally said 14 X 10, whether that's correct or not, who knows, but should be close. My lord, call centers are so great!!!!!🙄😒🤔
Jon

Offline Yeller

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 08:59:06 AM »
Another article

“Detroit-style pizza is the fastest-growing trend in pizza,” said David Graves, chief brand officer of Pizza Hut U.S. “It’s no longer a Midwest-only thing.”

http://www.restaurantnews.com/you-cant-out-pizza-buddys-buddys-pizza-reminds-america-what-real-detroit-style-pizza-is-as-knock-offs-throw-their-second-string-pies-in-the-ring-032321/