A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ankarsrum  (Read 542 times)

Offline Tony Pizzeria

Ankarsrum
« on: March 05, 2021, 03:54:08 PM »
I have used Kitchen aid mixer for years and time to buy a new one. Im looking at the Ankarsrum Original 6230 does anyone have any experience or thoughts, making mostly pizza and bread.
Thanks
CIAO BABY

Offline sodface

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Ankarsrum
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 04:52:03 PM »
I have used Kitchen aid mixer for years and time to buy a new one. Im looking at the Ankarsrum Original 6230 does anyone have any experience or thoughts, making mostly pizza and bread.
Thanks

Hi Tony, I have the Ankarsrum and generally like it. The mixer itself and attachments are all fairly expensive in my opinion. Besides the standard mixer and what came with it, I also have the meat grinder set ("mincer") and the grater with three drums. I used the mixer a lot in the beginning but less so now. I find that since it's just my wife and I, I'm using the food processor more for pizza dough and bread in the 500-750 gram flour range. I probably grind meat with the Ankarsrum more than I mix dough with it now. I still use it for bigger batches. I rarely use the grater or other attachments that came with the grinder like the pasta and juicer.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 04:53:48 PM by sodface »
Carl

Offline miz_en_plaz

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
mine comes in next week... I'll let you know. It's esoteric/novel enough that I'm will to do whatever it takes to make it work XD

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 12:26:47 PM »
Thanks

I've used one for years.  You will get a thousand different answers with this mixer as far as which to use ( scraper/roller, scraper/hook, just the dough hook, etc...  It really is a powerful machine for home use and there is definitely a learning curve.  It's very versatile as far as mixers go and very well built and can handle large capacities.  If you are looking for a mixer for just bread and pizza I would personally go with with a spiral mixer like the Sunmix or the Famag.  They are dough machines!!!!  They will not be good for brownies, cakes, cookies, or things that need to be whipped, etc..  but for bread and pizza there is no comparison.  If you learn to mix by hand you can have just as good or better results than either of the mixers and it's quite satisfying!!!

Offline Tony Pizzeria

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 02:15:36 PM »
Thanks guys for the feedback. I spent 3 hours searching and checking videos on YouTube and  finally went with the Wolf mixer, got a 20% off rom Williams Sonoma just for signing up for their credit card, just took 5 minutes.
I will post my experience after a month of use. I bought a wolf toaster oven from Wolf a year ago after I burned up 2 Breville oven and without a doubt the BEST toaster oven I ever had
CIAO BABY

Offline barryvabeach

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 02:24:16 PM »
Tony,  let us know what you think,  I have owned a number of mixers - including K A,  Bosch Universal, and the Ank - I liked the Ank the most and use it for bread at least twice a week. 

Offline Camarie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »
Tony,  let us know what you think,  I have owned a number of mixers - including K A,  Bosch Universal, and the Ank - I liked the Ank the most and use it for bread at least twice a week.

I have the Electrolux Assistant DXL 2000, an older version of the Ank. Had it for about 25 years, & it still works very good!! i still use it from time to time, & it still works like new!!

wordpress