A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza oven stand and prep space for outside  (Read 335 times)

Offline Monkeyboy

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza oven stand and prep space for outside
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:29:01 AM »
Looking to get a portable pizza oven (say 24" wide / 19" deep) - I'd move this inside when not in use.

Thinking to use one outdoor food prep table so I don't have to constantly walk inside<->outside to make pies - so the oven would go on one side, the rest of the surface would be for prep/cutting.

60" long table would give me about 35" of workable space (oven would occupy 25").  Lower shelf for overflow stuff.  I'd likely get a few Cambrio plastic food storage bins to hold pizza making ingredients - carry all that outside on pizza night.

Sound like enough room? 

Would these Global Stainless Food Prep tables hold up OK outside year round?  Or would they wear pretty badly? (located in GA)
I'd also like the option to move the table to another area if needed.

I'd likely put plants on the table when not doing a pizza night.

Not sure if the Stainless top would get blistering hot...the area gets a good amount from sun from @2pm-5pm

Open to suggestions

reference pic and pic of my outside area (would place table as indicated)

Online goosta

Re: Pizza oven stand and prep space for outside
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 10:26:05 AM »
I have a smaller table like this and it has held up perfectly for three years out in the weather. No rust or anything. It does get pretty hot in the sun though.
Ron

Offline lennyk

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »
So oven is going on the table and stretching right next to it ?

A pizza prep workspace is composed of 2 main parts

- stretching station
- space for peel , saucing and cheese then toppings
- a minor part is dough storage/placement before stretching

Offline tollerpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:46:49 AM »
I use an outdoor stainless + one of those $50 fold-up plastic tables.

With your location you don't have to worry about winter too much so I think you're pretty golden. Another option instead of moving plants on and off it is buying one of those Amazon Basics patio table covers (just check dimensions for one that fits). I get pretty bad winters and find they work fantastic on my bbq + prep table.

My setup is stainless steel table for my pizza oven, fold-up table + marble cutting board as my prep area. That way I don't have to worry about any char/ash from the oven coming to the prep area and a little extra flexibility to fit my dough box, cutting board, ingredients, peel, all on one and the oven on another.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress