Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by TXCraig1 on 17 May 2021
  • 85% HR HG
    2% salt
    1% Red Star Platinum Instant SD yeast (adjusted to a straight IDY basis - multiply by IDY Q by 18/7 to get RSPISD%)

30 minute soak with flour and water only. Added salt and yeast and mixed for 5 min. A few sets of stretch and folds in the bowl over a ~1.5h bulk. Panned, rise for 1 h, deflate in pan with finger pokes, rise for 1 hour, bake at 550F on stone.

I used it for breakfast the next day as a base, toasted, for eggs baked in a tomato with parm melted on top for the last few minutes and some fresh oregano after.

It was a last minute thing. I was surprised how good it came out.
  • #2 by PizzaPartisan on 17 May 2021
  • That looks excellent. What protein content does your flour have, or more simply what flour did you use?
  • #3 by psedillo on 17 May 2021

• I used it for breakfast the next day as a base, toasted, for eggs baked in a tomato with parm melted on top for the last few minutes and some fresh oregano after.

We need a picture of this breakfast Craig, don't be holding out on us!
  • #4 by TXCraig1 on 17 May 2021
  • We need a picture of this breakfast Craig, don't be holding out on us!

You can kind of see the tomatoes in the background  ;D
  • #5 by TXCraig1 on 17 May 2021
  • That looks excellent. What protein content does your flour have, or more simply what flour did you use?

Ardent Sunny Texas flour. 12.7-13.3% is what the spec says.
  • #6 by PizzaPartisan on 17 May 2021
  • Ardent Sunny Texas flour. 12.7-13.3% is what the spec says.

great!
  • #7 by deb415611 on 17 May 2021
  • wow
  • #8 by deb415611 on 17 May 2021
  • Craig - are you able to get that yeast in the grocery store ?
  • #9 by TXCraig1 on 17 May 2021
  • Craig - are you able to get that yeast in the grocery store ?

Yes. Pretty much all the stores around here have it. I actually kind of like it.

https://redstaryeast.com/red-star-platinum-instant-sourdough-yeast/
  • #10 by deb415611 on 17 May 2021
  • Yes. Pretty much all the stores around here have it. I actually kind of like it.

https://redstaryeast.com/red-star-platinum-instant-sourdough-yeast/

thanks, I'll have to see if I can find it around here. 
  • #11 by scott r on 17 May 2021
  • Yeah I agree... in a pinch if I don't feel like feeding the pets, this works!  Definitely a step up from straight dough for flavor.  is it possible that it helps texture a bit too?   Haven't done a side by side experiment yet but dough has been especially great........
  • #12 by erickso1 on 18 May 2021
  • Interesting.  I'll have to give the Taglio, and the yeast a try.  Need to find it around here at the HEB first.
  • #13 by TXCraig1 on 18 May 2021
  • I bought it at HEB.
  • #14 by jsaras on 18 May 2021
  • It was a last minute thing. I was surprised how good it came out.

No one else here is surprised
  • #15 by TXCraig1 on 18 May 2021
  •  ;D
  • #16 by hotsawce on 28 May 2021
  • Any oil in the pan or completely dry? Looks fantastic.

85% HR HG
    2% salt
    1% Red Star Platinum Instant SD yeast (adjusted to a straight IDY basis - multiply by IDY Q by 18/7 to get RSPISD%)

30 minute soak with flour and water only. Added salt and yeast and mixed for 5 min. A few sets of stretch and folds in the bowl over a ~1.5h bulk. Panned, rise for 1 h, deflate in pan with finger pokes, rise for 1 hour, bake at 550F on stone.

I used it for breakfast the next day as a base, toasted, for eggs baked in a tomato with parm melted on top for the last few minutes and some fresh oregano after.

It was a last minute thing. I was surprised how good it came out.
  • #17 by TXCraig1 on 28 May 2021
  • Oil. Thanks!
  • #18 by RHawthorne on 28 May 2021
  • That's gotta be the best looking quick rise pizza I've ever seen. I'm not all that into thicker crust, but my son is and I'm thinking I'll give that a shot some time. Thanks for the inspiration. But what does 'HR HG' stand for? I'm guessing it's hydration rate and HG is high gluten?
  • #19 by TXCraig1 on 28 May 2021
  • Thanks! and yes on both acronyms.
  • #20 by hotsawce on 10 Jun 2021
  • Do you think you'll be making more of this style?
Pages:
Actions