Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Icelandr on 10 Jun 2021
  • And we can get started!
    For those of you who may be new to the board or the craziness of Margherita Madness, it was a crazy idea by Arne Jervell and myself to try to cook  our Margherita simultaneously, Arne in Norway, me in British Columbia Canada. It was so much fun sending videos and pictures back and forth, we thought we would try it on a wider scale. What a lot of fun!

We chose the date around
    An often recounted story holds that on June 11, 1889, to honour the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, the Neapolitan pizzamaker Raffaele Esposito created the "Pizza Margherita", a pizza garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, to represent the national colours of Italy as on the Flag of Italy.

Arne came up with a graphic to show the steps, important is #3 to take a picture of not only the pizza but of you the Pizzaioli, so we have some sense of some of the community.
    The queen herself will ask you to start the fun!

Post your picture, post your comments, post your videos, have fun!
    We have chosen a couple of days but if you can’t fit it in don’t panic the thread will be here!
  • #2 by Yael on 10 Jun 2021
  • Even though I've been quite absent from the forum recently, I'm in!
  • #3 by Arne_Jervell on 11 Jun 2021
  • That's awesome! Still on China time?
  • #4 by Arne_Jervell on 11 Jun 2021
  • I might as well kick things off.

Here is my offering: pizza margherita for lunch.

As luck would have it, I have neighbors and family nearby that were happy to stop by and help me finish off 6 pies.  :pizza: :chef:

And now, back to work.
  • #5 by crawsdaddy on 11 Jun 2021

As luck would have it, I have neighbors and family nearby that were happy to stop by and help me finish off 6 pies.  :pizza: :chef:

And now, back to work.

WOW,WOW and DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
  • #6 by sk on 11 Jun 2021

And now, back to work.

The pose is perfect.  The look, spot on!  The pizza, magnificent.  All that is missing is the pepper around the neck!!
  • #7 by Icelandr on 12 Jun 2021
  • I now have my new  T shirt, rockin’ the new Graphics, have 10 balls of dough ready, have invited guests - Wow! We can now have guests!
    My Margherita Madness bake Is Saturday Night, Looking forward to honouring the tradition. Sorry but the clown is the Pizzaioli in this house!
  • #8 by Arne_Jervell on 12 Jun 2021
  • Sounds good. I think I can detect a faint but quite dostinct odor of pizza margherita being cooked. Not sure from what direction, maybe it is all of them. Could it be that they are being prepared all around the world? Yes I think that must be it! Think I'm going to check back here soon.
  • #9 by amolapizza on 12 Jun 2021
  • My tribute to Margherita!

Too bad about the bad quality selfie, but the pizza was good!
  • #10 by Arne_Jervell on 12 Jun 2021
  • Great to see you and your margherita Jack. Amo (te e) la tua pizza!
  • #11 by amolapizza on 12 Jun 2021
  • Great to see you and your margherita Jack. Amo (te e) la tua pizza!

Grazie Arne!

Anche io a ti e a la tua pizza!

Too bad that we live so far apart..  I'm sure we could have some great pizza parties!

Edit: Italian grammar :D
  • #12 by crawsdaddy on 12 Jun 2021
  • #13 by Icelandr on 12 Jun 2021
  • Wow! Thanks for posting and joining the Madness Jack, and a fine looking Margherita it is!
    Here the pluviometer is rising, Guests will be arriving soon, 10 balls of dough at the ready . . . We hope!
  • #14 by Icelandr on 12 Jun 2021
  • The Little Chapel of Margherita!
    So nice to see a face, a smile and a great looking Margherita
    Thanks so much for joining in!
  • #15 by Arne_Jervell on 12 Jun 2021
  • You guys made my day. As Saturday draws to a close and the night chill sets in, nothing  provides more warmth than a chapel of pizza and friendly faces. Wonderful!
  • #16 by Arne_Jervell on 12 Jun 2021

• Too bad that we live so far apart..  I'm sure we could have some great pizza parties!

Absolutely. After the pandemic has passed, perhaps the distance is not that huge after all...

• #17 by sk on 12 Jun 2021
  • Here is my contribution to the Queen’s bounty from Marietta, GA, USA.

• #18 by Icelandr on 13 Jun 2021
  • The Guests have departed, all apparently too full for more pizza or dessert, but what fun!

Here is the west coast of Canada’s tribute to Margherita!
    Thank you Arne for the cool graphics for my T shirt! Thanks to all who participate.
  • #19 by Arne_Jervell on 13 Jun 2021
    And what a blessed contribution it is! Thanks Scott, picture perfect. You have everything under control, and no signs of runaway sourdough it seems. :pizza:
  • #20 by crawsdaddy on 13 Jun 2021

Looking good Scott. Glad you got "straighten out"
Pages:
Actions