A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Splitting off into two categories  (Read 191 times)

Online GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
    • Will Falzon, The Brooklyn Maltese
Splitting off into two categories
« on: November 01, 2021, 06:30:41 AM »
Happy Halloween, Pizza aficionados.
 In the spirit of keeping the boards organized, I will be splitting the documentation of my pizza learning journey into two categories. My N.Y. style journey will remain (I wish I could change the name) for only N.Y. style street slice pizza. I am going to chronicle my N.Y. Sicilian-style pies here on the Sicilian board. (Name of thread TBD)
 I received my 16X16 A.M. pan yesterday. I am thinking I will continue baking L.I. Grandma style in the 18X11 (outside) standard 1/2 sheet pan. I liked the look of yesterday's pies/slices and digging the homemade vibe. The pan review. I like it. It's heavy and seems well made. That being said, the rims are not rolled like my generic sheet pans (that have endured heavy use of all kinds for some time.) Instead, they are only flared upward. For home use, I don't see a huge issue. For commercial use and can see the pans getting banged up pretty good. As soon as I have time I am going to season the new pan, along with a new unseasoned 18" screen and a couple of my old 1/2 sheet pans. The seasoned sheet pans will be dedicated pizza-only pans.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:32:22 AM by GumbaWill »
Will Falzon
The Brooklyn Maltese

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress