A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Show on Viceland  (Read 3022 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizza Show on Viceland
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »
When I first saw Frank's show I did not know what to think. I was thinking he was another TV personality that  really was not an expert on pie making. But after a few episodes I had changed my mind. Just got through watching the episode about him and Best Pizza. What a really nice guy. I thought it was interesting that he could have worked for the finest restaurants or ran his own. Instead he followed his dream, pizza. It was a feel good episode.

Offline mgcain12

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
Norma and Joe - I just watched your episode yesterday and was inspired!  I have been watching the Pizza Show since it first aired and have all the episodes recorded.  Congratulations on the feature and the Caputo Cup win Norma!  I too am learning from this forum and aspire to do what you and Joe Beddia are doing -  :chef:

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »
Awesome feature Norma! Just saw the Philly episode  :D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
Norma and Joe - I just watched your episode yesterday and was inspired!  I have been watching the Pizza Show since it first aired and have all the episodes recorded.  Congratulations on the feature and the Caputo Cup win Norma!  I too am learning from this forum and aspire to do what you and Joe Beddia are doing -  :chef:

mgcain12,

I don't think Joe Beddia is a member of this forum.  Glad your were inspired.  Thanks about the feature and Caputo Cup win.  You will learn to make any style of pizza if you stick around for awhile.  ;D

Awesome feature Norma! Just saw the Philly episode  :D

Thanks so much Ryan!

Norma

Offline mgcain12

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:40 PM »
I guess I have seen so many posts about Joe that I assumed he was a member here - nonetheless, great feature on you Norma!

Offline foreplease

• Supporting Member
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:29 PM »
I finally watched this episode tonight, Norma. Very nice. Interesting to learn a little more about Roots Market too - starting with its pronunciation that I assumed was something else.

What’s next?
-Tony
I find it easier to imagine a diet of nothing but ice cream than one without ice cream

Offline mudman

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »
Always late to the party, but I did see the episode today. Better late than never I guess. You were wonderful Norma, you really do have a very genuine way about you. Very enjoyable show that is fun and informative to watch. Congrats to you.

Offline Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • I make do with what I have
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
I shed a tear when I saw Norma on the episode get her cup.  Not ashamed to say it!  It was touching to see someone, just like all of us here who came to learn pizza, at the top!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »
I finally watched this episode tonight, Norma. Very nice. Interesting to learn a little more about Roots Market too - starting with its pronunciation that I assumed was something else.

What’s next?

Tony,

Nothing next.  Most people not from our area can not pronounce Root's.  Lancaster is also a challenge.   :-D

Always late to the party, but I did see the episode today. Better late than never I guess. You were wonderful Norma, you really do have a very genuine way about you. Very enjoyable show that is fun and informative to watch. Congrats to you.

Thanks mudman!  Many people at the Pizza and Pasta NE event wanted a photo taken with me from that show.   :-D  Others said they watched and enjoyed the part at market.  Kind of embarrassing.

I shed a tear when I saw Norma on the episode get her cup.  Not ashamed to say it!  It was touching to see someone, just like all of us here who came to learn pizza, at the top!

Hermit,

Yes, this forum is a great place to learn about pizza.   ;D  Talked to Frank Pinello at the Pizza and Pasta NE event.  He said that part of the episode at market got a lot of attention and said a lot of people liked it.

Norma

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2017, 09:59:04 PM »
Hey Hermit, me too..it was very touching.

Of course, I  snapped out of it when I watched those guys put a cheesesteak inside a pizza and eat it like a giant taco. No tears for that LOL
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:01:39 PM by Jersey Pie Boy »

Offline marcin0208

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »
I was watching the pizza show and thanks to Norma, I have found this forum! Wow! Thank you!  :-*

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 11:49:58 PM »
Good Show!

Frank Pinello has eaten his share of pizza in Manhattan and Brooklyn, but it's time for him to check out New York City's other boroughs—Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx—to discover some of the city's best slices and pies. We start off in Queens with our favorite Renaissance man Action...

THE PIZZA SHOW / S2 EP7

Other Boroughs

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/munchies-pizza-show-nyc-other-boroughs/599ef2a7ff0b9e932c2a800f

Norma

Offline Ronzo

• Beer, Whiskey, Jeeps n' Pizza...
    • LenTex Brewery
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
Frank's Pizza show is one of my favorites on the tube.

It was AWESOME seeing you on there, Norma! I'm so happy for you!

Also, I had no idea until the show you won the Caputo cup (didn't even know it existed), but congratulations on winning it! You're kicking ass and taking names!
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://lentexbrew.com - http://pinterest.com/LenTexBrew

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2017, 09:52:23 PM »
Frank's Pizza show is one of my favorites on the tube.

It was AWESOME seeing you on there, Norma! I'm so happy for you!

Also, I had no idea until the show you won the Caputo cup (didn't even know it existed), but congratulations on winning it! You're kicking ass and taking names!

Ron,

Thanks so much!  The Caputo Cup didn't start in the US until 2015 in NYC.  Before that it was held in Italy.  I really like the Pizza Show like you do.

Norma