A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Critique my first pizzas  (Read 494 times)

Offline bnew17

Critique my first pizzas
« on: May 22, 2022, 06:44:47 PM »
Actually these were my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pizzas. I got my Ooni Koda 16 last night and the first pizza was pretty much awful. I had major problems getting the dough out of my individual containers without butchering it. I used the same dough recipe but I sprayed inside with Pam instead of rubbing with EVOO. I also let the dough ferment 1 less day. Also, yesterday my cheese and pepperoni burned during the cook, even with the burner turned to lowest setting. So today I preheated oven 30 min at highest setting and turned to lowest just before launching into oven. I also launched without any toppings. Once the dough was set a little bit I pulled it out to add the cheese, pepp, etc. I was using cheap Kroger Mozz and Pepp. I hope there is a way around this? Here are 3 pies I did. Please give me an honest review. They all tasted really good to my wife and kids. She was in charge of the last pie with pickles and mascarpone. Not sure why she thought the pickles would be good, lol. I did have some issues with air pockets under the center of the pie. I assume due to my lack of technique launching into the oven. Below is my dough recipe. I didnít time how long the pies cooked but I would guess about 1.5 min. Once I pulled the pies I turned the burner back up to highest setting and let it heat up another 5 or so min. I really have no idea what iím doing so any tips are much appreciated!

-523 grams of 00 Caputo (red bag)
-340 mL cold water
-15 grams salt
-.5 grams Caputo dry yeast

« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 06:53:17 PM by bnew17 »

Offline bnew17

Re: Critique my first pizzas
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 06:45:30 PM »
Dough

Offline mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Critique my first pizzas
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 07:16:42 PM »
Don't know if it's true but I believe for neapolitan oonis are designed to run at max flame at all times and only lower the stone if it overheats. I cooked 15 pizzas in the karu 16 over 2 hrs and on my first go I turned it to max and never touched the knob.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress