Pages:
Actions
  • #361 by stickyD on 15 Mar 2022
  • That looks nice, I like a well done pizza. It looks like you docked it well, sometimes it just wants to bubble up.

Thanks, Hans. Good to hear it sometimes randomly bubbles as well.
  • #362 by caymus on 16 Mar 2022
  • thanks.   cool, I'm going to buy a couple to try

Have you tried them?  BigY has them on sale next week

• #363 by scott r on 16 Mar 2022
  • They are really good!!  Cape Cod Cafe is in my top 4 for bar pizza (and they invented it).  What a deal on those too.
  • #364 by stickyD on 27 Mar 2022
  • Feeling like I'm getting the feel for this style, less screw ups. Can't wait to get actual SSBP pans, this was in a 14" Euro pan, sticks like the dickens but turned out great for a sunny Sunday lunch.

Italian sausage, Mushroom and onion. Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Fontina, Parmesan. 13 minute bake, bottom rack, 520F, but still had to pull and finish directly on the stone to finish. Todd-zilla Mead dough.
  • #365 by wilson502 on 01 Apr 2022
  • Another Toddzilla bake from the other night. I used North beach part skim, Provolone and Cheddar blend, with some Parmesan on top. Taste was amazing. Ill definitely have to give HansB's recipe a try. Hans, for the oil do you use all corn oil in your recipe?

• #366 by HansB on 01 Apr 2022
  • Hans, for the oil do you use all corn oil in your recipe?

Yes I do.
  • #367 by wilson502 on 01 Apr 2022
  • Yes I do.

Wow, thanks for the quick response. :). I might experiment a bit with that recipe and use half avocado oil and half corn oil. Ill post how that turns out once I make it
  • #368 by wilson502 on 23 Apr 2022
  • Finally got around to cooking up HansB's SSBP (65% Hydration) recipe with some minor tweaks. I use Ceresota AP, and I did a 50/50 mix of Avocado oil and corn oil in the dough (4% of each). Cheese was a blend of PSM, WMLM, Provolone and Cheddar with some Romano cheese. I used Butter flavored crisco and light coating of avocado oil in the pan. Hard to say whether I like this better than Toddzilla, but both are very tasty! Bar pie is seriously one of the most underrated styles and easiest styles to make.
  • #369 by HansB on 23 Apr 2022
  • Finally got around to cooking up HansB's SSBP (65% Hydration) recipe with some minor tweaks. I use Ceresota AP, and I did a 50/50 mix of Avocado oil and corn oil in the dough (4% of each). Cheese was a blend of PSM, WMLM, Provolone and Cheddar with some Romano cheese. I used Butter flavored crisco and light coating of avocado oil in the pan. Hard to say whether I like this better than Toddzilla, but both are very tasty! Bar pie is seriously one of the most underrated styles and easiest styles to make.

Nice! I just bought some butter flavored Crisco to try out.
  • #370 by wilson502 on 28 Apr 2022
  • 2nd attempt at the HansB formulation. Switched it up and used Fontina instead of the provolone and used some left over Pizza factory recipe sauce from a Round Table clone I made the other night. I let this one cook for 2 minutes directly on my steel plate after cooking about 11 minutes in my Ooni to brown up the bottom to my liking. This might be the best tasting Bar pie Ive made so far.
  • #371 by Dasnyde4 on 06 May 2022
  • Nice! I just bought some butter flavored Crisco to try out.

Was debating using Crisco.  How did you like it?  If you were trying to aim for a more crispy Bar, would you lower the hydration?
  • #372 by HansB on 06 May 2022
  • Crisco flavor was good. Mine comes out crispy. You can remove it from the pan and put it directly on a pizza stone for a minute after bake to crisp it or substitute 10% of the flour with semolina rimacinata.
  • #373 by wilson502 on 15 May 2022
  • Another Bar pie per HansB formulation (65% Hydration). This pie is so delicious, thanks again for the recipes Hans!
  • #374 by HansB on 15 May 2022
  • You're welcome, yours looks great!
  • #375 by Quebert on 16 May 2022
  • I'm loving this thread, on Lloyd's website now and see a bunch of different pans for this style. I know this is a YMMV, but would there be any reason to go with 1 style over the others for use in a Karu 16? I'll be getting a 14" Shovel because that's the only pan for 14"'s.   I like the sound of the nesting because 1.5" sounds great, but don't know how nesting compares to straight side. And Lloyd does absolutely nothing as far as describing what they sell.
  • #376 by HansB on 16 May 2022
  • Do yourself a favor, call Bobby Owens to get the original and best pans for SSBP. They are 10"

• #377 by frankenfab on 11 Jun 2022
  • How much do the Bay State pans cost?
  • #378 by HansB on 11 Jun 2022
  • How much do the Bay State pans cost?

I don't recall, not very expensive, they're excellent pans. Call Bobby.
  • #379 by Merle on 18 Jun 2022
  • A couple questions about Cape Cod Cafe pizzas:

I've never had their pizza on site, but ordered four frozen pies via Goldbelly. Other than what one would reasonably expect when comparing frozen vs fresh, is there much difference in the frozen product as compared to what you get at the restaurant? I ask because pics of the pizzas at Cape Cod look as if the pizzas are notably thicker than the frozen ones.

Does anyone know how they prepare their peppers? I'm guessing green peppers put through a heavy-duty vegetable dicer and then sautéed, but am not certain. Being from middle America where green peppers on a pizza means a strip or ring of raw green pepper thrown on top with everything else, actually flavorful green peppers on a pizza are a bit of a revelation.

Thanks
  • #380 by bobluvspizza on 29 Jun 2022
  • You know how they say, "I wish I had found this thread sooner." Had I done that I think I would be 20 pounds heavier. I can literally walk to Town Spa and all the Brockton and Randolph joints are easily within a 15-20 minute drive. I guess it's time to start enjoying ice cold beer again!
Pages:
Actions