Pages:
Actions
  • #161 by quietdesperation on 10 Mar 2022
  • if anyone cares, yould should setup some price alerts using camelcamelcamel or keepa. i ended up getting the MP for $100 for a used version. it arrived with only some knicks and scratches but otherwise great condition.

how do you like it? pls post a review when you have time.
  • #162 by hbtony on 16 Mar 2022
  • I just finished reading and highlighting all three volumes.

I didn't want to like this book -- gas over wood, the best Detroit pizza is made in L.A, water doesn't matter, there's no such thing as Sicilian or Roman pizza, the "best" pizza city in the U.S. is Portland, Chicago thin crust isn't a style, you can't find a good slice in Manhattan, etc etc etc. But having read and absorbed every sentence of every page, all I can say is that this book is going to have a BIG positive impact on the quality of pizza being served out there. And isn't that all that really matters?

For those of you who read the section on Tokyo-style pizza, I asked Tamaki-san at PST why he didn't give them permission to publish anything about him even though they visited, interviewed him, and took pictures (see the footnote in MP's Tokyo section). He said it was because the release they asked him to sign was in English, and they expected him to sign it before they left. Since he didn't understand what he would be signing, he declined. Sad.
  • #163 by Saabluster on 08 Apr 2022
  • I just finished reading and highlighting all three volumes.

I didn't want to like this book -- gas over wood, the best Detroit pizza is made in L.A, water doesn't matter, there's no such thing as Sicilian or Roman pizza, the "best" pizza city in the U.S. is Portland, Chicago thin crust isn't a style, you can't find a good slice in Manhattan, etc etc etc. But having read and absorbed every sentence of every page, all I can say is that this book is going to have a BIG positive impact on the quality of pizza being served out there. And isn't that all that really matters?

For those of you who read the section on Tokyo-style pizza, I asked Tamaki-san at PST why he didn't give them permission to publish anything about him even though they visited, interviewed him, and took pictures (see the footnote in MP's Tokyo section). He said it was because the release they asked him to sign was in English, and they expected him to sign it before they left. Since he didn't understand what he would be signing, he declined. Sad.

Thank you for your balanced and honest review.
  • #164 by kuhne on 22 Jun 2022
  • Anyone with money, a scanner and a lot of time wishes to help a pizza bro out?

Iím joking Iím jokingÖ.  (Kinda)
  • #165 by jenea on 01 Jul 2022
  • Anyone with money, a scanner and a lot of time wishes to help a pizza bro out?

Iím joking Iím jokingÖ.  (Kinda)

check you library. mine has a copy
Pages:
Actions