A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Reviving Nutrimill Artiste?  (Read 719 times)

Offline sarahm

• I Love Pizza!
Reviving Nutrimill Artiste?
« on: December 14, 2021, 07:12:10 PM »
So ... my 14 month old (so out of warranty) Nutrimill Artiste died in the middle of mixing a batch of 64% hydration dough (750g flour, 480g H2O, 15g salt, 3.75g IDY). :o I tried the reset procedure in the manual (unplug, turn dial to 0, wait 5 sec, plug in, turn on), and nothing.  :( Tried again after 10 minutes: again, nothing.  :( :( Waited another 30 min, tried again, and still nothing.   :'(

Any suggestions on something else to try to revived the bugger?  ???

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: Reviving Nutrimill Artiste?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 07:29:10 PM »
Contact company, they are good with customer service.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:15:42 AM »
Is it plugged in to a GFCI outlet ?  Maybe it or the circuit breaker tripped.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline sarahm

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
Apparently, Nutrimill is working with a different time scale than the rest of the inhabited universe. I tried again the next morning and it started right up.  :D

Done a couple of 1+ Kg flour, 60% hydration batches since with no problems, so  ???

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »
Glad it's working again for you.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline barryvabeach

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »
Some motors have a heat sensor that when it gets too hot, it trips, which shuts off electricity to the motor to prevent damage to the motor from over heating.  Some of those motors have a reset button,  for others, which probably includes yours,   you just have to wait until enough heat has dissapated so that the the sensor reads a normal temperature.   
Current Ovens  -  BS, Halo Versa 16
Mixers .   Electrolux ( ANK ) ,  Bosch Compact, IM-5S
Mills - Retsel, Lee .

Offline sarahm

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 08:54:46 PM »
Some motors have a heat sensor that when it gets too hot, it trips, which shuts off electricity to the motor to prevent damage to the motor from over heating.  Some of those motors have a reset button,  for others, which probably includes yours,   you just have to wait until enough heat has dissapated so that the the sensor reads a normal temperature.

Of course it has a sensor. That's why I waited 10 minutes before trying again after the reset procedure prescribed on p. 6 in the manual didn't work, and a further 30 min befor trying a third time. I keep my apt at 62F so I would expect 40 min to be enough time for any heat to dissipate enough to reset the sensor. Even if the prescribed "5 seconds" should be "5 minutes," the fact that it still hadn't reset after 40 minutes suggested that the heat sensor was not the issue.

Offline Pandasbecats

• Peepers Neapolitan: 2021-Present
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 11:11:30 AM »
Nutrimill did the same to me during my first month using it. Seemed to get overworked then just shut off suddenly, but came back on the next week on pizza day. Fhink it was 8 lb of dough? Didnt think of looking in the manual like you though
Pizza Party Pizzone
Pizza Party Red 70x70
Pizza Party Ardore
American Metalcraft wood peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
Because of this thread I took a look at my Nutrimill. Plenty of vents on the bottom. It seems to me it would help to have some venting up top to allow heat to escape. Perhaps some vents on the sides. Some of the heat generated is trapped inside.
Marty

Offline dragonspawn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 07:40:09 PM »
Because of this thread I took a look at my Nutrimill. Plenty of vents on the bottom. It seems to me it would help to have some venting up top to allow heat to escape. Perhaps some vents on the sides. Some of the heat generated is trapped inside.

Vents are a nice way for heat to get out, but also superb way for flour to get in.

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 08:26:52 PM »
Vents are a nice way for heat to get out, but also superb way for flour to get in.
Not if they are designed properly.
Marty

Offline Camarie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2022, 01:02:04 PM »
Of course it has a sensor. That's why I waited 10 minutes before trying again after the reset procedure prescribed on p. 6 in the manual didn't work, and a further 30 min befor trying a third time. I keep my apt at 62F so I would expect 40 min to be enough time for any heat to dissipate enough to reset the sensor. Even if the prescribed "5 seconds" should be "5 minutes," the fact that it still hadn't reset after 40 minutes suggested that the heat sensor was not the issue.

I, also, have the nutrimill Artiste, but i've never had that problem with the mixer. It chugs right along, giving me wonderful results! It's very phenominal!!