A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Food Processor - same day RTF 3-4 hr - soft chew -71%-light on the stomach  (Read 551 times)

Offline dmaclaren

So I am not new to pizza but new to the DS.  I have worked on a fat SLAB https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=55882.0 and brought the nice light texture to this one but without a lot of work like that one took.

The chew is nice and light but some tooth feel.  You can eat a lot without that heavy stomach feel (I hate) and no issues later or morning that some heavy pizzas give you.  I also don't use the Lard/Crisco as I like EVOO more.

I just started using my 10x14 lloyds DS pan but I have been using Loaf pans 10x4.5 and I love that.  They become a personal pizza with more crust to enjoy.  They are also nice to freeze and thaw and toaster oven for a fast go to meal without all that time required. 

Ascorboc Acid.  I use this for all Hydration 70 and up because it helps to not deflate when working the dough and you can read on the other benefits.  When I do the final move into the corners with the rough, I don't deflate it.  Also, makke sure your fingers are moist/wet when touching dough.

Process:
- Weight out water and add in Ascorbic Acid and mix to disolve.
- Weight all dry in FP bowl on scale.
- Add wet to FP bowl
- Pulse unntil incorporated (scrape down side if needed)
- Run 4 seconds more
- Rest 5 Minutes
- Run 1.5 minutes.

- Remove from FP and slap fold 3-4 times.  yYou will get a nice smooth surface in 3 - 4
- Take ball and make a long log from it.
- Add to pan and flatten.
- Rest 1.5 hours
- Manipulate to fill pan.
- Rest 1.5 - 2.5 hours more based on your RT.  Mine is 70-71 and 3.5 was good for me.
- push into corners if more is needed.  Ascorboc Acid will cause more spring back and if using oil instead of Crisco, it's more slippery.

- Bake 13 - 14 minutes at 500 Convection on the penultimate rack position NO stone. - Can use stone but aall is great for me.

Below is a half and half
1/2 - STD Pepperoni(sauce bottom as I don't like top sauce) w/Parmesan, cheddar, motz.
1/2 - Corriander chutney - Image below.  Love this  no more fresh cilantro for me, stays fresh for a couple months.
        Taco Meat (made with that packet seasoning), red onion, Cheddar, valentina hot sauce -( didnt' have any green pepper)

Last image in 3rd post are the loaf pan pizzas.  Fav one is the White one which is 
    - Cashew cream (50/50 non salt cashews & water blended.  More warer if too thick)
    - Sliced pepperoncini
    - Motz, Cheddar, aged Assiago

Formula:  Using Pizza Dough Calculator

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 03:51:01 PM by dmaclaren »
Don.

Offline dmaclaren

Pizza:
Don.

Offline dmaclaren

Continued:
Don.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
I like the toppings and the pizzas

Offline dmaclaren

I like the toppings and the pizzas

Cashew cream is my go to for a white cream sauce, no more Bechemel sauce. 
Don.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress