A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: PizzaParty Saputo bricks  (Read 2096 times)

Offline ebpizza

PizzaParty Saputo bricks
« on: March 28, 2022, 12:13:20 PM »
With PizzaParry now delivering to the US again, I was able to purchase a few items I needed, including Saputo bricks for my Pizzone and Koda 12.

First let me say the service and packing was perfect. Less than a week to arrive to Boston, not a single broken stone.

Now my question, I would assume I need to cure the bricks, what is the best approach?

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: PizzaParty Saputo bricks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 01:45:16 PM »
I don't recall if the PP had a curing process for the oven when you receive it, but I would follow that if there is one.
Typically start with a small fire (low temp) and slowly work you way up to higher temps.

Just thought of something else if you haven't put them in yet.  Use your kitchen oven.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 03:03:23 PM »
I don't recall if the PP had a curing process for the oven when you receive it, but I would follow that if there is one.
Typically start with a small fire (low temp) and slowly work you way up to higher temps.

Just thought of something else if you haven't put them in yet.  Use your kitchen oven.

Thanks was thinking the same just hoping for feedback from others that have done it with their Saputo bricks.

Offline SonVolt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 03:53:21 PM »
I have a box of Saputo stones (unused) that came with my Fontana Forni Marinara. If anyone's interested in taking them off my hands for a reasonable price, shoot me a PM.

Offline Vinny G

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 10:03:11 AM »
With PizzaParry now delivering to the US again, I was able to purchase a few items I needed, including Saputo bricks for my Pizzone and Koda 12.

First let me say the service and packing was perfect. Less than a week to arrive to Boston, not a single broken stone.

Now my question, I would assume I need to cure the bricks, what is the best approach?
I don't know if you did it already, but if you didn't yet, it's a good idea to put some stainless steel sheets under the stones for additional support which lowers the chances of cracking the tiles.  I installed Saputos in my oven a while back (but didn't put any steel sheets in) and it's been fine, but I would feel better knowing they were there honestly.  I just looked at my thread and it appears that I seasoned my tiles at low temperatures for a while before using it.
  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=49122.160
Be Kind To The People You Meet On The Way Up, Because You're Going To Meet The Same People On The Way Down

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 09:12:10 PM »
I don't know if you did it already, but if you didn't yet, it's a good idea to put some stainless steel sheets under the stones for additional support which lowers the chances of cracking the tiles.  I installed Saputos in my oven a while back (but didn't put any steel sheets in) and it's been fine, but I would feel better knowing they were there honestly.  I just looked at my thread and it appears that I seasoned my tiles at low temperatures for a while before using it.
  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=49122.160

Thanks for the link I’ll take a look

Offline Mark Polo

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 05:49:30 PM »
Good to see Pizza Party shipping to United States again.  I like my Pizzone.  I do notice a cracked stone. The idea of steel underneath for support is helpful.  I usually stack my wood on the left of the oven, and cook on the right tile, usually the back.  For Neapolitan,  920 to 950 is the sweet spot with reading from 2 different areas of the back right stone.  It results in a 40 to 60 second bake if you have a rolling flame over the top.  I suppose if I have a cracked stone or two on the left, I could replace that with any stone because I do not need saputo underneath my fire, only underneath my pizza.  I might be tempted to order some spares anyway.

Offline Simone

• Vendor
  • Pizza Party for very pizza lovers
    • Pizzapartyshop.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2022, 12:35:19 PM »

;D
Pizza Party in the may 2022 restarted the selling to worldwide!!

CONTACT ME FOR THE DISCOUNT CODE FOR FORUM MEMBERS

Genotema Surl - Original italian pizza ovens Pizza Party producer

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2022, 08:12:14 AM »
IIRC, I heated the biscotto to increasingly high temperatures and then let it cool off.  I have an electric oven so it was quite easy.  I think it went something like this, heat to 100C let cool off, and repeat at 200C, 300C, 400C and 500C.  There was very little humidity coming out of mine, so the whole process might have been superfluous.  The idea being to slowly bake out the humidity if it has absorbed a lot, in order to avoid it cracking.

AFAIK, with a WFO you make increasingly bigger fires and watch out for any eventual humidity escaping.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline FraankV

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2022, 06:25:32 PM »
I rarely post to forums but this one has been a tremendous help over the years. So sad to hear about the dough Dr.  passing.

I just wanted to confirm that Pizza Party shipped my Saputo stone to Canada. Shipping fees were greater than the purchase price! As usual, PP staff were great to deal with. The tiles arrived very quickly and were in great condition. I baked them in my kitchen oven at max (550f convection) for a few hours. I then did two burns in the PP (650, 750) using a raised fire. Don't know if any of the seasoning was necessary, but the bricks didn't crack and we made 3 pizzas yesterday. Cooked @750-850 for about 60 seconds; beautiful crust, leopard pattern but no charring on the bottom. No doming required. Very pleased.

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 09:37:36 AM »
If one orders a new PP oven, with the Supota Brick Option, will you also get the refractory bricks? Or, if you want the refractory bricks also, will you need to order them seperately.

I would like to have both.  :  )

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:20 AM »
If one orders a new PP oven, with the Supota Brick Option, will you also get the refractory bricks? Or, if you want the refractory bricks also, will you need to order them seperately.

I believe you get one or the other.  You would need a separate order to get both.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline jwbelcher

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 10:43:33 AM »

Yes, the Silver and Antique have options to purchase both.  However it increases shipping - you will receive the 2nd stones in a separate package.

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 12:49:27 PM »
Yes, the Silver and Antique have options to purchase both.  However it increases shipping - you will receive the 2nd stones in a separate package.

Confused? What is "the Silver and Antique "?

Offline texmex

• I stole my avatar from the British Museum website
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 01:15:56 PM »
Confused? What is "the Silver and Antique "?
Bright Silver Ardore and Antique Copper Ardore.

https://www.pizzapartyshop.com/en/portable-gas-fired-pizza-ovens-ardore-spacesaving/
Risa sin camisa, sinvergüenza.

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!

Offline Pandasbecats

• Peepers Neapolitan: 2021-Present
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 11:22:16 PM »

You need to ship two different packages to get both saputo bricks and corderite bricks with your Oven from Pizza Party. Tried to get both with my latest Pizzone order. They messaged a couple days later saying I could only have one or the other or else I would need to ship an additional package for €180 more

Chose to ship the Saputo in the end
Pizza Party Pizzone
Pizza Party Red 70x70
Pizza Party Ardore
American Metalcraft wood peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 08:18:24 AM »
You need to ship two different packages to get both saputo bricks and corderite bricks with your Oven from Pizza Party. Tried to get both with my latest Pizzone order. They messaged a couple days later saying I could only have one or the other or else I would need to ship an additional package for €180 more

Chose to ship the Saputo in the end

The Saputo versus refractory is not as straight forward a question as I thought.

PP reccomended the refractory bricks. Says they are much more flexable.

Offline Pandasbecats

• Peepers Neapolitan: 2021-Present
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 10:07:01 AM »
The Saputo versus refractory is not as straight forward a question as I thought.

PP reccomended the refractory bricks. Says they are much more flexable.

Have the refractory bricks right now. Get them if you want Neapolitans cooked in the 1.5-2 min range and other low temp cooked styles. Better for charring bottoms. Anything faster (and higher temp) and the oven floor scorches the pizza bases

Biscotto Saputo is better for higher temp sub 90 sec cooks. Have an Ardore with them. Pizza bottoms usually on the side of soft and speckled instead of charred (less crispy). Not everyone likes this. If you get these with your oven though, can always put some pizza stones tiles over for lower temp styles. Pizza Party known for their cheap Saputo upgrades
Pizza Party Pizzone
Pizza Party Red 70x70
Pizza Party Ardore
American Metalcraft wood peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2022, 11:18:37 AM »
I got mine with the Saputo. I use my oven with gas full throttle. I control the heat buildup with the door (on or off between bakes). Doing it this way I can bake as fast as ~28 seconds, but my best pies are in the 45-55 second range. At these speeds, you can burn the bottom even with Saputo. If you want to bake sub-60, I'd say the saputo is a must. If 90+ is OK, you can probably get away with the stock deck.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage