A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: anyone have an opinion on Boars Head regular or piccante Soppressata?  (Read 294 times)

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
Making pizzas today, Ralph's is out of BH's Pepperoni sticks, they have Soppressata, piccante Soppressata & Spanish Chorizo sticks.   3 of the people that are getting a pie from me don't do spicy, I'm assuming the piccante isn't gonna have much kick for even a lightweight.    I've never had either and wondering if anyone here has had both and has a preference.   Since they do sell a spicy and non spicy version there is some level of difference.   I thought I'd ask here for a 1-10 spice rating on the piccante version.

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
For me, it's about a 4.
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
For me, it's about a 4.

Thank you, unless you're a chili head where your 4 would be most peoples 9 they'll be fine. If not, they'll just have to pick it off.

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
Thank you, unless you're a chili head where your 4 would be most peoples 9 they'll be fine. If not, they'll just have to pick it off.

It really is quite mild.
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Offline Pizza_Not_War

BH uses piccante to mean sharp as opposed to hot spicy from my experience.

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
BH uses piccante to mean sharp as opposed to hot spicy from my experience.

You are right about that, now I think about it I bought picante provolone from them and remember they said it was sharper. The packaging here starts with "a spicy blend"  But I didn't find it spicy at all, but I love heat so maybe it's just me. I think their Pepperoni might even have a slight bit more kick than this. It's pretty damn tasty though and I really like it on pizza.  And I doubt a any of the 6 people I made pizzas for today would have known it wasn't Pepperoni unless I told them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 10:22:40 PM by Quebert »