A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Food trailer question  (Read 495 times)

Offline Soaddrummer

• I Love Pizza!
Food trailer question
« on: September 22, 2022, 04:17:15 PM »
Hello everyone. I am looking to open up a food trailer next year and have some questions I hope someone can answer.

In my province in order to prepare food either has to be done in a commercial kitchen or the food trailer itself. As there is no steady Power in the trailer , my question is do I make a dough that requires less time to proof and mix on-site? Do I make a large batch and freeze ? I am not sure if I can bring the dough home and freeze overnight or has to be made fresh each day . 

Whatís the process you guys use?

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
Re: Food trailer question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 01:04:27 AM »
Hello everyone. I am looking to open up a food trailer next year and have some questions I hope someone can answer.

In my province in order to prepare food either has to be done in a commercial kitchen or the food trailer itself. As there is no steady Power in the trailer , my question is do I make a dough that requires less time to proof and mix on-site? Do I make a large batch and freeze ? I am not sure if I can bring the dough home and freeze overnight or has to be made fresh each day . 

Whatís the process you guys use?

You can power your trailer for hours on end with an adequate generator.

Make sure that your generator has at least 50% more kW/h than needed at peak times. That includes the 240V outlets. 
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Jimbolini

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »
I know nothing of Canada and their codes.

Here in the states (At least my state) you need a health inspection cert for every town or city you visit. (which can be pain)

I could be wrong overall, but something to look into as well.

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 10:17:59 PM »
I would try and get shore power to you trailer, the health department will want that. Take as much dough as you can to the event. If you need to make more, an extra person will be needed because after a full day of making pizza, you will be tired. When doing open air events you will figure out  what that is over time.

This is me, I do a wood fired operation and do not need 240volt, if you do you are competing for those few 240 volt outlets that all the other vendors have to have, or you need a large generator. Do not get me wrong you must have a generator because the event have no clue concerning the difference between 120 and 240, or AC vs DC electricity and you will need it to fall back on.
I would not freeze my dough.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress