A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Camp Chef Pizza Oven, any good?  (Read 283 times)

Offline San Jose Dale

Camp Chef Pizza Oven, any good?
« on: January 19, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
I recently decided to add a Camp Chef stove to our RV. They have a bunch of accessories for it: BBQ grill, Griddle, etc. One item that caught any eye was a pizza oven attachment, which sits on top of the burners. I initially though it was a gimmick, but in looking at Amazon, it gets a huge number of 5 star reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMAG6BI/?tag=pmak-20

Wondering if anyone here has any experience with this? I was planning on getting the KettlePizza, since I also carry a Webber Smokey Joe in the trailer, just wondering how this would compare.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Camp Chef Pizza Oven, any good?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
A number of new members posted that they had one over the years, but I can't remember hardly anyone ever posting any results. Here is one: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=35677.msg355414#msg355414

My guess is it will bake more-or-less like a typical home oven if you keep the temp in the 500F+/- range. It says temps to 700F, but I highly doubt that's a balanced heat and that if you try to go that high you'll get black bottoms and white tops.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline San Jose Dale

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
so Vs a KettlePizza attachment, which would you do? I think they have similar issues?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »
I'd probably go with the Camp Chef as I think gas would be a lot easier than wood.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline San Jose Dale

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:58:54 PM »
thanks, My thought too....just a lot more weigh/stuff in the camper...lol

A D V E R T I S E M E N T