A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Neapolitan Style / Re: Mini Trip Report - Naples & Pizza Class
« Last post by typicalsam on Today at 04:18:23 PM »
Thanks for the update. Seems like you enjoyed the experience. Only goes to show there are many places off the radar that make good pizza.

Yeah it's hard to tell just judging by a name and trip advisor what a place will be like. There's a lot of modern artisan pizza which I'm not instinctively drawn to. But it was very tasty.

Very interesting read, i've learned some more about pizza, like the more toppings you use, the smaller the pizza should be and the bottom a bit thicker. Logical when you think about it. I like big pizza's with thin bottoms and sometimes struggle with the prosciutto being to heavy causing the pizza to stick to the metal peel.

The never ending journey continues!
Indeed! Having a slightly less thin base had made my pizzas a lot easier to launch but I haven't noticed them being particularly thick or heaby to eat.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: New waffle maker flex
« Last post by Heikjo on Today at 04:07:12 PM »
If you maintain a sourdough culture, waffles leavened with leftover starter are a revelation.
How long and where do you let the batter sit?

I’ve made both pancakes and waffles with sourdough and find it works great for both. I love pancakes, especially something we call «lapper» in norwegian, which translates to «patches». They are made as a snack or dessert, typically eaten with jam, and often made with cultured milk. I love what the acidity of the milk does to them, and sourdough can provide more flavour.

Waffles in Norway typically looks like this and are soft. Some make them crunchy, but I like them soft.

Resources / Sources for Kindling Size Wood for Portable Pizza Oven
« Last post by pizza-in on Today at 03:53:18 PM »
Hi All,

Where do you all get your wood fuel for portable pizza ovens (like Roccbox).

Thanks
Dan
Home Ovens / Mario Accunto Combo 1 Light and Small
« Last post by Bjoern on Today at 03:34:29 PM »
Hi,
anyone here with experience using the smallest model from Mario Accunto. The Combo 1 Light and Small ?
http://www.acuntoforni.it/en/combo-1/

It does not look like its bigger brothers, however I am more interested in function than in design and a bigger oven would simply be too heavy for my floors.

In will fly to Napoli in a few days and I will try to see it in person but if anyone did already purchase one and has experience with it, that would be very helpful.

Thanks and Cheers
Bjoern
A tee should be fine as long as both burners need the same pressure and the regulator can flow enough fuel. The tank should not be a problem unless it gets to cold and the pressure drops. And in the end, you're probably not looking for that much more heat except during warm up. which should be quite fast with both burners.

Ira
Thanks for that input. Yes, it is mostly for the warmup that I want two burners. Each hose has its own regulator so there should be no problem with fuel flow.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Help me pick a new oven
« Last post by Quebert on Today at 02:40:12 PM »
I got a flame shield coming today, now *if* I burn a crust badly again I'll only have myself to blame. 
Detroit Style / Re: Detroit Style - My way
« Last post by Dasnyde4 on Today at 02:37:35 PM »
Anyone have issues with undercooked bottoms?  I'm trying to make this in my Baker's Pride P44 and the top cooks way before the bottom, or the bottom doesn't cook enough.  It is super pale and gummy.  Par baking works (requires about 8-10 min par bake and then 8-10 min top bake and comes out pretty good, but trying to figure out how to cook this all at one time.  Cooking at 525.  Wondering if it makes sense to put a screen under to help air get under the bottom?
Home Ovens / Re: DIY Gas Burner Guide - Pizza Party, Maximus, and more
« Last post by ira on Today at 01:54:59 PM »
A tee should be fine as long as both burners need the same pressure and the regulator can flow enough fuel. The tank should not be a problem unless it gets to cold and the pressure drops. And in the end, you're probably not looking for that much more heat except during warm up. which should be quite fast with both burners.

Ira
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Peter B on Today at 01:15:52 PM »
I’m vegan so this one has my scratch made vegan mozzarella.

I would love to hear more about this.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: New waffle maker flex
« Last post by Zinc on Today at 01:02:59 PM »
Congrats on the breville. It looks like a liege waffle is in your future ;D. They're my favorite waffle to make in the breville, even though they add a bit of extra clean up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20