A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: What's Burning For Easter?????  (Read 978 times)

Offline GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
Re: What's Burning For Easter?????
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 01:51:43 AM »
Quiet Easter just the two of us. CSA farm box sides are in the bank!
Left to right
1. Sauteed swiss chard   
2. Cauliflower pie
3. Parmagio roasted Brussel sprouts

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 02:20:51 PM »
I have to say, I am not impressed with rabbit. None the less, I still enjoyed easter dinner.

Offline erickso1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 02:26:20 PM »
Had croque monsieur bread pudding, a side of asparagus/green beans/peas, and a dessert of strawberry, jello pie.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2021, 04:56:44 PM »
I have to say, I am not impressed with rabbit. None the less, I still enjoyed easter dinner.

LOVE rabbit!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2021, 05:15:08 PM »
LOVE rabbit!!!

I've tried to create habitat, but the dogs scare them off.
John

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2021, 06:02:40 PM »
I've tried to create habitat, but the dogs scare them off.

There's a guy that raises them near me, effing AWESOME!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2021, 06:16:10 PM »
There's a guy that raises them near me, effing AWESOME!!!

I hope you get the organ meat.
John

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2021, 07:01:50 PM »

I hope you get the organ meat.

He DOES include the heart, liver and kidneys......sooooo sweet, not metallic or gamey at all!!!
Jon

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »
LOVE rabbit!!!

Its too tough and bland. I did a quick flour dusting and sear, then 5 min braise in the instant pot was not even close to being done. Put it in for another 10 minutes, at least this time it would pull from the bone, but for a thigh, it was blander then chicken breast. I'll stick to my $0.79/lb bone in chicken thighs.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2021, 11:40:36 PM »
Its too tough and bland. I did a quick flour dusting and sear, then 5 min braise in the instant pot was not even close to being done. Put it in for another 10 minutes, at least this time it would pull from the bone, but for a thigh, it was blander then chicken breast. I'll stick to my $0.79/lb bone in chicken thighs.

Maybe you got an old one. I've boned them out and simply grilled till done side by side with chicken and the whole family preferred them over the bird! Also pan braised with onions, mushrooms and white sauce till fork tender, 30-40 minutes and fall off the bone tender. I like wild ones better, but the farm raised ones I get are delicious! He sells them to local restaurants so they are awesome! Also great breaded and deep fried!! I think you got an old tough one, also, the instant pot isn't always a good fit for everything!
Jon