A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Sauce Ingredients / Re: First Field crushed tomatoes?
« Last post by Pizza_Not_War on December 05, 2021, 04:27:07 PM »
https://bionaturae.jovialfoods.com/faq/

Are your tomatoes cooked?
Our canned and strained tomatoes are not cooked Ė they are steamed to remove skins and then pasteurized to seal but they are not cooked. Our tomato paste is cooked down to remove water content and concentrate the flavor.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Chronic mole on December 05, 2021, 04:24:48 PM »
Two Sicilians I made.
Sicilian Style / My Sicilian Photo Diary
« Last post by Chronic mole on December 05, 2021, 04:19:05 PM »
Iím at around 72% hydration with these. Pepperoni and upside down pictured below.
American Style / Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Last post by Atheen_ on December 05, 2021, 04:07:50 PM »
Thanks! Anything we should know about your sealing technique?

Nothing special. Just brush the dough with a little water in front of the cheese to help seal it, tuck it over, tightly, one inch or so at a time and pinch/press. This has to be done on the counter, before it gets in contact with the oil, obviously.

I folded in 4 with parchment paper between the folds so it wouldn't stick to itself. I probably was being overly cautious, but didn't want to risk it, since it was already stuffed.

Once in the oiled pan I gently rolled the filled crust a quarter turn inwards so the seam would be under the cheese and not in front of it. Because I rolled it to 17 inches, I had the wiggle room to do that. The fact I had plenty of dough helped tremendously. I couldn't have done that if I had just enough for a 14 inch pan.

Then, everything went into proofing.

Honestly, I was improvising as I went. I had never done a stuffed crust on a pan pizza before, just regular pizza stone pizzas. The fact it had to be transferred into an oil swimming pool provided interesting logistical challenges. I'm lucky it turned out as well as it did.

I'll take pics of the crust stuffing process next time.

Atheen
« Last post by nickyr on December 05, 2021, 03:42:32 PM »
Also some pizza latkes
« Last post by nickyr on December 05, 2021, 03:41:47 PM »
Pizza montanara. (Fried pizza, for those who arenít familiar.) Happy Hanukkah!

Went very well until the broiler shut itself off for those last two.
American Style / Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Last post by nickyr on December 05, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
Thanks! I didn't want the pizza to be nonagonal, which it would've been if I left the cheese sticks whole. So I cut them in thirds. It made it a lot easier to follow the curve, and made the whole border a lot more flexible in the process.

After stuffing the crust, I carefully folded it in 4, and transferred it to the pan. I had to remove 3 sections of cheese  (I made the stuffed crust circumference too big for the pan) and reseal it shut, but I now know how many segments I need for the perfect size, so it won't be an issue next time. What I really should've done was to test it just with the cheese in the pan, but by the time I thought of it, silly me had already poured the oil in.

I wont claim to know for sure why there was so little space between the cheese and the crust... But if I had to venture a guess, I think its probably mainly due to two things. First of, the cheese was at room temperature when I stuffed the crust. I didn't want the cold cheese to impede on the crust proofing/rising in the pan. Which means there was no condensation when I rolled them in, and therefore no steam when I baked it. Also, it was a low moisture mozzarella stick.

Ultimately, steam is what causes the gap. No moisture, no condensation = no steam = no gap.

My best guess anyway. Hope it helps!

Atheen
Thanks! Anything we should know about your sealing technique?
General Pizza Making / Re: Thoughts on Pizza Master Class by Vito Iacopelli?
« Last post by woodfiredandrew on December 05, 2021, 02:48:10 PM »
He is a funny guy but that's about it. i would not pay him a dime. just like someone said earlier, "keep reading and keep working " here.
« Last post by politon on December 05, 2021, 01:09:19 PM »
This is the first pizza that I've made using a sourdough starter and no commercial yeast. 72 hour CF and several hours at RT. 11% starter, 67% effective hydration.

It had a definite "tang" to it.
Dough Clinic / Re: Lumpy Biga
« Last post by photosvein on December 05, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »
at home I use this to keep my biga temp where I like it... or to proof dough balls, or to hold wild yeast where I want it.   I love this thing because it can keep things cold or warm... a home bakers best friend if your into experimenting with different doughs.

I found that kind of incubator in a pet store here in Norway, but offcause here its 2x the cost  :-\
https://lucky-reptile.de/en/products/incubation-and-breeding/incubators/436/herp-nursery-ii-incubator
This is the one I can get here, its 27 x 24 x 37 cm inside, that mean I wont be able to fit an GN 1/2 tray  :-\

How many balls you get in yours?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
wordpress