A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
Neapolitan Style / Re: Had this problem too many times now
« Last post by Pete-zza on October 14, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »
Wario,

I addressed this issue recently so if you would like to see greater detail, see the post at Reply 1 at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=69410.msg668823;topicseen#msg668823

To the above, I would add that pizza chains that use commissaries to make their doughs will go directly to dough balls, for the reason you mentioned. On the flip side, classic Neapolitan doughs are fermented in bulk and later formed into dough balls, both at ambient temperature.

Peter
Prep Equipment / Re: First impressions and review of the Famag IM-5S Spiral mixer
« Last post by scott r on October 14, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »
I have been using my famag quite a lot for many months and I have zero concern about the removable bowl being an issue down the road.  Seems to be built like a tank to me.    Its a very simple mechanism that allows the tilt and bowl removal.
Prep Equipment / Re: First impressions and review of the Famag IM-5S Spiral mixer
« Last post by Jackie Tran on October 14, 2021, 10:09:43 AM »
I've only had mine for 4-5months so I can't speak to it's longevity, but I expect this mixer may outlive me.   They are built solid, much more so and beefier than a standard kitchen Aid.   In using it 4x a week in the last 4-5 months, there has been about 4 times when I've opted to detach the bowl to wash in the sink.  During those times, I've been glad to have the option to do so.  The rest of the time I've cleaned it after each use with the bowl attached and the head tilted up and it's easy enough to do so.   If I was doing a lot of wet sticky doughs, I think I would lean towards having a detachable bowl.
Pizza Ovens / Oven help, Pizzeria Pronto
« Last post by Itsamarmot on October 14, 2021, 10:08:42 AM »
Anyone have experience with these? I have also been considering and ooni but I saw a pronto on CL for very cheap. Reviews look ok, wondering if it is a serviceable option.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/app/d/philadelphia-pizzacraft-pizzeria-pronto/7384078272.html
« Last post by ARenko on October 14, 2021, 09:31:22 AM »
I hate you guys!!!! (in the most loving and respectful way hahahahaha)

Looks like I'll be out of $1700 now while I was ok(ish) with my KA (except for weird noise when it mixes the doughs and sounds like it's gonna die on me)
I have to say this post peaked my interest to look into the spiral mixer closer.

Chau - this was some of the absolutely incredible testing that you performed. Hats off to you!!! So nice to see factual comparisons like this. Keep it up!!!

Question to you guys, is it a concern that Famag's head tilts and the bowl is removable from the reliability perspective? Everyone says that Sunmix is like a tank and I wonder if that's a part of it. Of course the convenience of removing the bowl is attractive for cleaning, dough removal etc. but only if this doesn't jeopardize the life span of the mixer. It is a significant investment...

Off mixer shopping...    :-D
There is a no tilt, fixed bowl version in the same size if you're concerned.
Sauce Ingredients / Re: Sclafani Tomatoes
« Last post by Monkeyboy on October 14, 2021, 09:23:23 AM »
I went thru a case of Sclafani - really enjoyed it.  Previously used Cento and a few other store brand San Marzanos. 

With all - I keep it simple, kosher salt + dried oregano + some general pizza seasoning mix.  No cook.

Just ordered another case of Sclafani and a big can of Tomato Magic to see if any big taste difference.

I do like the Sclafani whirred for a second in the Ninja first though.
Shop Talk / Re: Back in the New York Groove
« Last post by Jackitup on October 14, 2021, 09:08:32 AM »
probably will never know the whole story as we shouldn't.  High profile breakups are tough.  It reinforces me once again to never take on partners.

Particularly in the food biz! My dad learned that in his first restaurant venture!!!
« Last post by ilya_n on October 14, 2021, 08:32:00 AM »
I hate you guys!!!! (in the most loving and respectful way hahahahaha)

Looks like I'll be out of $1700 now while I was ok(ish) with my KA (except for weird noise when it mixes the doughs and sounds like it's gonna die on me)
I have to say this post peaked my interest to look into the spiral mixer closer.

Chau - this was some of the absolutely incredible testing that you performed. Hats off to you!!! So nice to see factual comparisons like this. Keep it up!!!

Question to you guys, is it a concern that Famag's head tilts and the bowl is removable from the reliability perspective? Everyone says that Sunmix is like a tank and I wonder if that's a part of it. Of course the convenience of removing the bowl is attractive for cleaning, dough removal etc. but only if this doesn't jeopardize the life span of the mixer. It is a significant investment...

Off mixer shopping...    :-D
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by loch on October 14, 2021, 07:51:49 AM »
Great looking food!

I bake and cook to capture the flavors of my youth. I know I'm not alone.

Dave
Dough Ingredients / Re: King Arthur "00" flour
« Last post by TXCraig1 on October 14, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »
You really don't need '00' flour. I bet it's been close to 10 years since I bought any.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
wordpress