Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MisterPKM on 09 Jan 2018
  • Will be looking to grab some pizza (preferably by the slice) in the LES area next week. Figuring on Scarrs and Prince Street, but also up for anything else reasonably close.

Thanks!!
  • #2 by thezaman on 13 Jan 2018
  • how about Neapolitan at Sorbillo's on Bowery?not far from prince street.
  • #3 by hammettjr on 13 Jan 2018
  • Rizzo's Fine Pizza has some fans
  • #4 by TXCraig1 on 13 Jan 2018
  • If it was me, I'd walk over to Motorino and Luzzo's and then hit Artichoke. Whatever you do, don't go to Lombardi's  :-X
  • #5 by scott r on 14 Jan 2018
  • I agree with craig.   I went to luzzos a few months ago for the first time in years.... they are still making a truly amazing pizza.  Motorino was excellent as well.   
  • #6 by jkb on 15 Jan 2018
  • Whatever you do, don't go to Lombardi's  :-X

I feel the same way about Prince St..
  • #7 by Mmmph on 15 Jan 2018
  • Rubirosa, Mos def...or

Speedy Romeo!! Take a chance....
  • #8 by thezaman on 15 Jan 2018
  • rubirosa vodka pizza very good. regular pizza nothing that makes it special. 
  • #9 by thezaman on 15 Jan 2018
  •  as above luzzos wood fired does not try to do strict neapolitan. their pizza really stands out for balance and taste.
  • #10 by scott r on 15 Jan 2018
  • They switched from italian buffalo mozz to grande fresh which was a downgrade... yeah the buff mozz was better... but the curst here is so good I didn't even mind.   It was still the best pizza I had on my last NY visit.
  • #11 by ebpizza on 16 Jan 2018
  • Luzzos is my favorite pizza in NYC, followed by Don Antonio and Keste.
    I also love Luzzos because they donít  try to be authentic Neapolitan.

Iíll have to try sorbillo next time I am in NYC, my expectations are low based on the photos Iíve seen online. Mostly seems inconsistent. Plus I have high expectations haven eaten his pizza in Naples.

I donít think any place that claimes to be Neapolitan in the US has achieved it, nor can they. The quality and freshness of ingredients canít be duplicated here.

I include Don Antonio is that list, which is my favorite. For me itís about the texture, probably from refrigerated fermentation that I am not a fan of.
Pages:
Actions