A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Steak!  (Read 75883 times)

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
Re: Steak!
« Reply #980 on: September 03, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »
Nice score!
Norm

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #981 on: September 03, 2017, 08:04:53 AM »
Those look nice. Thanks for making me hungry.  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #982 on: September 03, 2017, 11:43:21 AM »
Rubbed up with tbe paste/rub and taking a 4 hour bath at 130°. Then an ice bath for a couple hours and on to the grill!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #983 on: September 03, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »
I decided to give short ribs another go in the bathtub - on Thursday I smoked them for 3 hours then into the sous vide for 72 hours (at 150) and I plan to finish them on the grill as hot as I can get it - can't wait to try them....
Norm

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #984 on: September 03, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »
NY Strips, 50/50 basmati and jasmine rice made with homemade coconut milk, fresh corn and shredded sweet potato and biscuits
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:59:38 PM by Jackitup »
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #985 on: September 04, 2017, 07:18:47 AM »
That looks fantastic Jon - nice work!
Norm

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #986 on: September 04, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »
My short ribs came out great - might have been one of the best things I ever made....
Norm

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #987 on: September 04, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
Yum!!!
Jon

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #988 on: September 10, 2017, 12:36:44 AM »
Cross hatched, marinated, pork loin chops and cucumber, onion salad
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:41:38 AM by Jackitup »
Jon

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #989 on: September 14, 2017, 02:37:46 PM »
An Italian restaurant chain makes a red pepper butter that is wonderful on steaks.  I have made a decent copy by just pureeing a mildly spicy red peppers that has been roasted and peeled then mixing with butter then letting it chill.  When the steak is served a small sccop goes on the steak.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #990 on: September 14, 2017, 05:55:37 PM »
An Italian restaurant chain makes a red pepper butter that is wonderful on steaks.  I have made a decent copy by just pureeing a mildly spicy red peppers that has been roasted and peeled then mixing with butter then letting it chill.  When the steak is served a small sccop goes on the steak.

I love compound butter!
Jon

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #991 on: September 20, 2017, 12:17:05 AM »
Last nites NY strip. 3 hours spus vide, 4 hours on rhe last one was kust a tad too long, got just a little too tender. The froed in a cast iron skillet with lard. Fresh green beans and my Crack Salad (cucumber stuff). Perfect dinner!!
Jon

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #992 on: September 20, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

Another great topping for steak involving roasted chile is Queso with roasted green/red chile.  Basically a spicy cheese sauce ladled on steak.  We call it New Mexican or Santa Fe steak.