Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jackitup on 14 Oct 2017
  • It looks delightful! Seen this on an episode of DDD last nite and had to get up and raid the fridge for a snack at 1am :drool: :P. Here's a pretty good looking recipe I found on the interweb I may have to try soon!!! If anyone tries it before I do or has already, please chime in!
    http://www.hungryhuy.com/banh-xeo-savory-vietnamese-crepes/
  • #2 by jkb on 14 Oct 2017
  •  Added to the queue.
  • #3 by Jackie Tran on 14 Oct 2017
  • I was just thinking of making these soon.  There is a package of banh xeo flour you can get at the Asian market for a few bucks.  I think you just mix water with it. 
  • #4 by Jackitup on 15 Oct 2017
  • I was just thinking of making these soon.  There is a package of banh xeo flour you can get at the Asian market for a few bucks.  I think you just mix water with it.

Have you tried the pre made mix Chau? In the recipe I linked I like the fact there is coconut milk in it. I have some pulled pork thawed, maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow, got a bathroom to paint that might hamstring me though..... ???
  • #5 by Jackie Tran on 15 Oct 2017
  • My parents make it often using those packaged mixes.  They are pretty good.  The crepe itself isn't super flavorful.  It's the fixings and dipping sauce that bring in the flavor. 
  • #6 by Jackitup on 15 Oct 2017
  • Got any good dipping sauce recipes you want to sjare ??
  • #7 by Jackie Tran on 15 Oct 2017
  • Got any good dipping sauce recipes you want to share ??

It's done by taste.  I've never measured it but these might be rough estimates.

1 cup water
    1/2 cup fish sauce
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup lime juice
    2-3 cloves garlic diced
    2-3 birds eye chile minced
    1-2 T siraracha

Adjust any of the ingredients to taste and refrigerate the unused portion.  Sauce is spooned over the crepe.
Pages:
Actions