A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Banh Xeo......anyone try this????  (Read 476 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Banh Xeo......anyone try this????
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »
It looks delightful! Seen this on an episode of DDD last nite and had to get up and raid the fridge for a snack at 1am :drool: :P. Here's a pretty good looking recipe I found on the interweb I may have to try soon!!! If anyone tries it before I do or has already, please chime in!
http://www.hungryhuy.com/banh-xeo-savory-vietnamese-crepes/
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: Banh Xeo......anyone try this????
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »
 Added to the queue.

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »
I was just thinking of making these soon.  There is a package of banh xeo flour you can get at the Asian market for a few bucks.  I think you just mix water with it. 

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 12:58:03 AM »
I was just thinking of making these soon.  There is a package of banh xeo flour you can get at the Asian market for a few bucks.  I think you just mix water with it.

Have you tried the pre made mix Chau? In the recipe I linked I like the fact there is coconut milk in it. I have some pulled pork thawed, maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow, got a bathroom to paint that might hamstring me though..... ???
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »
My parents make it often using those packaged mixes.  They are pretty good.  The crepe itself isn't super flavorful.  It's the fixings and dipping sauce that bring in the flavor. 

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »
Got any good dipping sauce recipes you want to sjare ??
Jon

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:53:15 AM »
Got any good dipping sauce recipes you want to share ??

It's done by taste.  I've never measured it but these might be rough estimates.

1 cup water
1/2 cup fish sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lime juice
2-3 cloves garlic diced
2-3 birds eye chile minced
1-2 T siraracha

Adjust any of the ingredients to taste and refrigerate the unused portion.  Sauce is spooned over the crepe.