A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Neapolitan Style / Re: Pizza on Gabriola
« Last post by quietdesperation on Today at 08:20:23 AM »
pizza looks great and the island looks beautiful!
Neapolitan Style / Re: Pizza on Gabriola
« Last post by Pete_da_Bayer on Today at 05:41:01 AM »
Great looking pizza, Greg! The toppings are one of my favourites, too. Late, but congratulation on your new oven. That`s really something. A perfect match with the new cart. I really like the colour.
Cheers
Peter
I love making pizza because it puts smiles on peoples faces. I make about 50 pizzas a month and eat maybe 2 slices. The ability to take pizza to a high level and give it to the people you love for free is the best way I can think of to show them you love them. I'll be making pizzas in my office on Monday Oct 3,22 and it will be all the buzz because I came back from overseas last Friday and my employees haven't had a really good pie for the last 4 months.
I should have my PizzaMaster oven this month and that should be fun, In the meantime the Turbo Chef holds down the fort like the Alamo, only with no lives lost.

E-man, I was actually going to buy an Elephant in Bangkok 25 years ago for $5,000.00. Once I realized how much they eat every day, I passed on that.
Shop Talk / Re: Marsal MB60 Pizza Oven
« Last post by Bagosav on Today at 12:42:13 AM »
Make sure to go through the curing process and turn your hood vent on and open some windows, they will stink up the place as the latent bonding chemicals dry and release/gas out. Smells won't hang on after the cure so no worries.....

Thank You!

I did do the curing process already. I did it the day I they were delivered actually. I had to call Fibrament though to find out if I could cure both stones together at once or if I should cure them separately. The lady I spoke to at Fibrament was great! She said she believed I could cure them together at the same time but wanted to verify. After verifying she came back and said I could cure both together. I however did not turn on my hood or open any windows during the process. I probably should have. I could smell a little something, but at the time my allergies were acting up, so it was not much. Lol! And I was out of the house for part of the curing. Fibrament claims the smell is not anything harmful. So I hope that is the case.
« Last post by Jackitup on Yesterday at 10:33:23 PM »
Thank you for the reply! I just got two Fibrament stones for my home oven. They arrived last week. Tomorrow I will be baking some calzones for their first use. I can't wait! I am happy to hear that you like your Fibrament stones.

I will definitely take your suggestion and contact the manufacturer. Maybe I could somehow get a demo. Then I could see the oven in action in a real world scenario.

Make sure to go through the curing process and turn your hood vent on and open some windows, they will stink up the place as the latent bonding chemicals dry and release/gas out. Smells won't hang on after the cure so no worries.....
Shop Talk / Marsal MB60 Pizza Oven
« Last post by Bagosav on Yesterday at 10:22:30 PM »
Hello everyone! I am new to the forums. I have a question about the Marsal MB60 pizza oven that I hope someone might be able to answer. I posted this already in shop talk and got a couple of replies. I did not realize there was a section completely for commercial ovens. So I thought I would post it here as well, as this fits where I should have posted it to begin with.

I am looking to open up a NY style pizzeria. I think I am set on going with a Marsal MB60 stacked for my oven. From what I have researched and others have said on this and other forms, they seem to one of the best out there. Is Marsal still one of the best oven to buy? If not what would be a good oven to go with. The biggest pie I will bake will be a giant 30".

Also, I read that the Fibrament stones Marsal uses are very delicate. Has anyone had any issues with the Fibrament stones, or are they good stones? Someone also said that if you didn't want the Fibrament stones you could ask Marsal to give you fire brick instead and they would. Does anyone know if they will still do this? And for anyone who may have used both or knows, would you say fire brick or Fibrament is better? Which do you prefer?

Thank you.
« Last post by Bagosav on Yesterday at 10:15:44 PM »
I just sold mine today.

If you can go electric I would. Or if you can't go for a cheaper set of used Blodgett or bakers pride. The marsals heat is not that even, takes a long time to heat up (1.5 hours), and gets really hot!

I have a cuppone electric oven and it's great. Doesn't get hot, heats up in 40 minutes, you can control the top and bottom heat, auto start and turn off etc. You can't beat the features and value of an electric oven compared to gas. It's alittle more money to run but we'll worth it.

Thank you for the reply! I will look into Blodgett and Bakers Pride. I do know that Blodgett purchase Marsal a few years ago, and the quality seems to have dropped according to some other posts I read today. As such, I'll give Blodgett a look, but I don't know how I feel about them. I did read some good things about Bakers Pride, so I'll do more research on them. I'll also look up the electric ovens you metioned. If they perform good then that would justify the higher price. And if I can get bricks for them then I am set.
« Last post by Bagosav on Yesterday at 10:06:04 PM »
I don't know about the oven or cook pizza commercialy, but have used Fibrament in my home oven for YEARS and find it an excellent stone and far from delicate! Well made, and once in place in a deck oven I have only read good results iver the years! I think you would be pleased. Contact the manufacturer for info about similar ovens being used in your area for a demo if possible.

Thank you for the reply! I just got two Fibrament stones for my home oven. They arrived last week. Tomorrow I will be baking some calzones for their first use. I can't wait! I am happy to hear that you like your Fibrament stones.

I will definitely take your suggestion and contact the manufacturer. Maybe I could somehow get a demo. Then I could see the oven in action in a real world scenario.
Dough Clinic / Re: Hydration 101
« Last post by B_c707 on Yesterday at 09:54:37 PM »
"but remember we are rounding off to whole numbers. Total 501g!"

How did u come up with 501g??
Neapolitan Style / Re: Outcomes with malt powder?
« Last post by Pete-zza on Yesterday at 08:57:53 PM »
So does the addition of dextrose to LDMP's make much of a contribution to browning as compared to pure malted barley? If memory serves me correct Tony G's master dough recipe calls for 2% LDMP @ 20 lintner, I've seen some members posts going higher.

I don't get much into the scientific side of pizza making, but I believe the addition of DMP converts startches into sugars or something like that, so it of course makes sense the higher lintner should make more sugars which I guess would contribute more to browning.

Idk, just curious, maybe what I'm thinking is insignificant, please enlighten me!
Kori,

You might check out the definitions for DIASTATIC MALT and LINTNER VALUE in the forum's Pizza Glossary at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/glossary.html#index_d, and

https://www.pizzamaking.com/glossary.html#index_l

Peter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress