A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Lollipops  (Read 455 times)

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Lollipops
« on: June 27, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »
Made some Chicken Lollipops yesterday. First time.
First picture was Friday; sprinkled with seasoning, wrapped with bacon, and sprinkled with seasoning again, and put in fridge overnight.

Thought I took a picture last night when I took them off the grill, but apparently didn't press the button to take the picture.  ???
So, the horrible second picture was this morning of cold leftovers. Ones on left were covered with BBQ sauce and ones on right were covered with Buffalo Wing sauce.

Everybody loved them, some even asked to take some home.

I liked the ones with the wing sauce better than the BBQ sauce.
Also, the BBQ sauce gets a lot darker and makes them look burned, even though they are not.

I will make them again, but will be lazy and just do them as drumsticks, not lollipops.
A considerable amount of work goes into making the lollipop.
Was probably 1/2 hr - 45 min. just making 24 lollipops (two of us), then seasoning and wrapping with bacon.

Bruce here... My cooking toys --> Pizza Party Emizione, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline Pizza_Not_War

• Supporting Member
Re: Lollipops
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
Looks interesting. Glad you did it and not me.  :P

I remember long ago wrapping some fish in bacon and while the final product tasted good, I decided that I'd leave that kind of cooking to restaurant chefs. I go for simple.

Offline GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
    • Will Falzon, The Brooklyn Maltese
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 06:11:07 AM »
Not a bad first try. Here is something you might try. This is my mom's lemon chicken, she did them under the broiler and used whole thighs with the leg. She didn't have time for fancy. Not sure of her timing, I could ask my sister. I do them roasted for 20 or so minutes on each side at 425F. 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup lemon juice, (I use the from concentrate stuff for this dish) garlic & parsley(plenty.) salt, and pepper. I bet the bacon-wrapped would cook better with this braising method or even the broil, with the same cooking liquid. Broiling with the liquid makes a mess in the oven. These are lollipop wings by the way. Good luck!
Edited to add.
I can eat a whole loaf of Italian bread with that chicken fat lemon sauce!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 06:16:17 AM by GumbaWill »
Will Falzon
The Brooklyn Maltese

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 11:36:40 PM »
Not a bad first try. Here is something you might try. This is my mom's lemon chicken, she did them under the broiler and used whole thighs with the leg. She didn't have time for fancy. Not sure of her timing, I could ask my sister. I do them roasted for 20 or so minutes on each side at 425F. 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup lemon juice, (I use the from concentrate stuff for this dish) garlic & parsley(plenty.) salt, and pepper. I bet the bacon-wrapped would cook better with this braising method or even the broil, with the same cooking liquid. Broiling with the liquid makes a mess in the oven. These are lollipop wings by the way. Good luck!
Edited to add.
I can eat a whole loaf of Italian bread with that chicken fat lemon sauce!

Thanks for posting this, it sounds great. I will definitely be trying this sometime this week. :D

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 12:14:54 AM »
LOVE lemon chicken!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

A D V E R T I S E M E N T