A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: is there a difference  (Read 715 times)

Offline crocs

• I Love Pizza!
is there a difference
« on: August 24, 2022, 02:03:06 PM »
If a pizza has been in a delivery bag for 15/20 minutes obviously the condensation would have got to the crust/base  surely  there,s  not a lot of  difference in the final product ie.base/crust  if its been cooked in a deck oven,wood fired or conveyor 

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: is there a difference
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 08:33:44 PM »
If a pizza has been in a delivery bag for 15/20 minutes obviously the condensation would have got to the crust/base  surely  there,s  not a lot of  difference in the final product ie.base/crust  if its been cooked in a deck oven,wood fired or conveyor

Whenever I order a pizza for pickup or to be delivered to my home, I order them UNcut for obvious reasons!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 10:21:33 PM »
Jon's suggestion is spot on.

We don't do delivery at this point but we hold the pizza at a required 165°F and cut upon pick up.

A loose cover of alu foil does the trick.
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Pizza_Not_War

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 10:52:59 PM »
I'd bet conveyor pizza would be different than the deck or wf pizzas. Any conveyor pizza I've had always has a relatively soft bottom comparatively.

Offline crocs

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 01:10:16 PM »
I've had pizza cooked in all the above there,s not much difference when its been in a heated bag on a delivery even when cooked to death you will still get a soft base or a card board one ,the only difference would be the look of the crust  deck oven and wood fired you can get nice charring around the edge to look more Italian if that,s what you want 

Offline Mchris78

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 06:32:11 PM »
Whenever I order a pizza for pickup or to be delivered to my home, I order them UNcut for obvious reasons!

'Scuse my ignorance on this - what's the secret with "cut" vs "uncut"?

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 08:49:30 PM »
You can reheat the whole pizza without making a mess on the stone.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 09:19:52 PM »
'Scuse my ignorance on this - what's the secret with "cut" vs "uncut"?

The longer it's cut, in a box, the more juices and steam, moisture infiltrates under the crust. Pizza is always best cut at service, not 10-15 minutes before! Order 2 delivered pizzas, 1 uncut and 1 cut. The uncut one will have a better textured crust! My 2c!😊
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali