A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Chicago Style / Re: It's time to end this farce.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 05:29:28 PM »
Thanks for trolling the Chicago Forum.

I can't wait to hear what your definition of pizza is.
I'm counting the minutes...

No need to count. I'm right here. Pizza is flat. This whole board should be deleted.
« Last post by Essen1 on Today at 05:28:16 PM »

Let me help you out...

The name “pizza” actually derives from the Latin word “picea”, which describes the charred bottom of a dough baked in a wood-fired oven at high temperatures, 800°F – 1000°F

;D
Chicago Style / Re: Nancy's stuffed pizza video
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 05:28:11 PM »
So you're saying any pizza made in a pan isn't pizza? That's a bold statement.

Where did I say anything of the sort?
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Tom Lehmann's Sour Cream Cake Dessert
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 05:28:10 PM »
Made the cake already and even Warden Rosie gave it a thumbs up commenting as Tom did, "doesn't even need frosting"! A little bourbon may have got in the mix too, just seemed right!!! :P Very good Tom, thanks!
« Last post by vcb on Today at 05:26:11 PM »
There has to be a line somewhere else everything with bread on the bottom is pizza. I'd say that dough making a 90 degree turn up the edge of the pan is one of those lines.

So you're saying any pizza made in a pan isn't pizza? That's a bold statement.
« Last post by vcb on Today at 05:22:08 PM »
The world can continue to believe that deep dish is pizza, but the world doesn't know pizza. It's time to end this farce here and now. Deep dish is not pizza.

Chicago Style / It's time to end this farce.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 05:16:33 PM »
The world can continue to believe that deep dish is pizza, but the world doesn't know pizza. It's time to end this farce here and now. Deep dish is not pizza.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Rainier42 on Today at 04:53:17 PM »
Cool.  I sensed there was something different with the cheese - no mozzarella.  I've blended cheddar into my mozz, but never all cheddar.  That's awesome. 

BTW, which flour did you like better?  I'd imagine the Caputo 00 American was lighter/more tender?

Jeff,

Both crusts were good and for me, the jury is still out.  Both were easy to work with and the flavor of both crusts was very good.  My pie for Tuesday night of this week will be using the Caputo as a comparison (single ball is already in refrigerator for its 48 hour rise).  Will be switching up my sauce recipe and using a white cheddar I purchased from the Wisconsin cheese man to see how it compares.

As you know, key to great pizza is balance between all ingredients and I'm still striving for improvement in this regards.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 04:24:05 PM »
There has to be a line somewhere else everything with bread on the bottom is pizza. I'd say that dough making a 90 degree turn up the edge of the pan is one of those lines.
General Pizza Making / Re: Adding yogurt/sour cream to pizza dough
« Last post by Pete-zza on Today at 04:15:29 PM »
Tom Lehmann seduced several members with his sour cream cake dessert that I spun off his post and those that followed at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=51433.0

Peter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress