A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
WOW. What a difference with the 1/4" steel. The pizza was completely BURNT in spider-web patterns on the underside after about 3 minutes of baking (at 750 in manual mode on top and bottom). It wasn't even fully pre-heated. Definitely going to have to dial it in a bit, but this is way better than the stone.

One question I have--what is the little "nipple" in the centre of the bottom part of the oven? I see the stone that comes with the oven has a little cut-out in the middle of its underside in order to accommodate that nipple. Do I need to make a little cut-out for the steel too? Right now the steel kind of sits awkwardly on it--not too bad, and I was able to make the pizzas with no problems, but I'm just wondering if the heavy steel might damage this little nub piece.
I'm going to go with stretching technique and leaving too thin a center trying to hold too much toppings.
I've been right there..Pretty sure mine were because the bottom  of dough ball wasn't fully sealed
Neapolitan Style / Re: Bubbles breaking in the middle of pizzas during bake
« Last post by Icelandr on Yesterday at 11:59:01 PM »
Wow! Of no help whatsoever, but that is very strange! I thought I had screwed up dough all the ways possible, but THAT baffles me!
I will follow and learn . . .
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Sweets and Desserts
« Last post by FoodSim on Yesterday at 10:50:32 PM »
Apple Pumpkin Cheesecake

I decided the cinnamon-dominant desserts, apple pie and pumpkin pie, should hold a parley in the chamber of cheesecake to debate which contributes the superior spiciness to that ever so familiar condensed creaminess. The perfused pumpkin prevailed by the fruit of its persuasive pungency.
Pizza News / Love Reno TV Show
« Last post by waltertore on Yesterday at 10:41:49 PM »
  Here is a local show done by a Los Angeles producer/host that included us this weeks.  We sure have had a run of media coverage this fall.

Focaccia Style / Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Last post by Pizzaman106 on Yesterday at 10:37:14 PM »
Same process as the above.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Anyone here have a tried and tested taco meat recipe?
« Last post by FeCheF on Yesterday at 10:04:07 PM »
I asked a similar question a while ago about achieving the consistency. A few responses here:
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54097.0

As mentioned in that thread, the Key trick is to add water to the ground beef before cooking to make a slurry. Then slowly cooking the meat, and cooking off the water while you stir or chop. I have done this method for years making "yocco's hot dog sauce" ( its a local PA staple)
Neapolitan Style / Bubbles breaking in the middle of pizzas during bake
« Last post by ronicups on Yesterday at 09:36:45 PM »
I started making Neapolitan style pizzas in our Ooni Koda last year. I've always had problems with a big bubble forming in the middle of my pizzas, expanding to the point that when I go in with my peel to turn the pizza, the bubble punctures from the bottom and there's a hole in the pizza. I am attaching some photos. I also noticed that usually these bubbles form in the thinnest/weakest spot of my dough resulting from stretching.

Our doughs are made with sourdough starter, ~65% hydration, 24-72 hours cold ferment. But I don't think our dough recipe and stretch/folds are the issue. We make 2 portions of dough, only separating into two portions when we're ready to shape and bring them up to temp. I always shape and cook one pizza and my partner does the other. Only I have this problem, not my partner, which is why I don't think it's a matter of the dough, but more a matter of user error :-\ When stretching, we each press the dough down, keeping an edge for the crust, then we pick it up and stretch it out. We use the same amount of cheese (by weight) on each pizza, but not necessarily the same amount of sauce; not sure if this somehow makes a difference.

Does anyone have thoughts on why this keeps happening? Does it somehow have to do with how I launch the pizza that traps air in the middle of the pizza (Though I think I do a pretty standard light push->pull back motion)? Or somehow I'm laying the dough on the peel wrong, prior to launching? Or just bad luck?

TIA.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Anyone here have a tried and tested taco meat recipe?
« Last post by hammettjr on Yesterday at 09:24:25 PM »
I asked a similar question a while ago about achieving the consistency. A few responses here:
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54097.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
wordpress