A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Craig's Neapolitan Garage  (Read 533735 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2340 on: October 19, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »
:drool:Hello Craig can you tell me what you ThinkPad about my pizza 30 hour , flour 13 % proteine this Iw polisy flour hydration 60% and tell me how i can Put foto

I don't understand your question.

To add a picture, (1) click below where it says "Attachments and other options." The click (2) "Choose File" and then pick the picture to you want to show. (3) Click "more attachments" to add more pictures.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline rdbedwards

• I Love Pizza!
    • Boathouse Brewery
« Reply #2341 on: October 19, 2017, 07:44:34 PM »
Here is an example of sauce on the cornicione (Reply #1690 in this thread), at 12 o'clock.  I think I will have to learn the single sharp pull method of launching rather than my tentative shake and slide process.  I don't think my problem is the weight of the pie, but rather just the amount of sauce, because a friend wanted to make his type of pizza with tons of toppings in my WFO, and my concern about launching those was unfounded.  In fact, all of the cheese and other toppings seemed to actually make it easier.

Practicing with just dough and sauce is a good call.  I'm currently using a wood peel, do you think a GI Metal perforated peel would make a difference?  Thanks!

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #2342 on: October 20, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
I couldn't say for sure if that sauce moved on the launch or if I just sauced too close to the edge. Sometimes I get pretty close to the edge with the sauce.

I really don't like my perforated GI peel. The only reason I use it is because it's lighter than my wood peel. One of these days I might get another metal peel that isn't perforated and try that. Since moving to wood dough boxes, I hardly use any bench flour.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #2343 on: October 20, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
Craig,

Maybe you want to check out the Lily Codoripo peels. I use the perforated 3D peel. While not lighter than GI metal, I do prefer it.

Jay

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #2344 on: October 20, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »
I was thinking Lilly; just not sure I like perforated peels.

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #2345 on: October 20, 2017, 11:06:47 PM »
This one is pretty good. The perforations on the ď3D peelĒ are nice. Itís a bit hard to explain without having the peel up close to see but itís my favorite peel. That being said Iím not a fan of their turning peel, itís heavy and just feels weird.

Offline Bonzobonzai

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2346 on: October 24, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »
60% hydration 30 hour ferment polish meal 13 % protein how do you Think about this pizza
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:04:16 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #2347 on: October 24, 2017, 07:43:45 PM »
I like it! Cheese melt and sauce looks nice, fresh, and lively.

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2348 on: November 03, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
The rest:
Hey Craig. Quick question. My wife prefers a thicker dough for her pie (the Neapolitan crust is perfect, but the middle is too thin.)

Have you or anyone experimented with making Neapolitan style with thicker middle crusts? I'd hate to have to make a separate dough for her (especially using different flour) and significantly cool down my oven.

Thoughts? Am I screwed?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #2349 on: November 04, 2017, 12:27:37 AM »
How much thicker? I think you could go twice as thick in the center without a problem.

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2350 on: November 04, 2017, 01:03:48 AM »
How much thicker? I think you could go twice as thick in the center without a problem.
That might do it. Smaller overall diameter, twice as thick. I'll experiment and post results when I can.

Thanks, Craig

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #2351 on: November 04, 2017, 09:06:47 AM »
I don't know that I'd make the whole thing 2X as thick. I think you still want a defined cornicione.

Depending on how you do it, simply changing the way you open the dough may be enough. Don't stretch it over your knuckles. That's the quickest way to get it thin. Do it like this:

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2352 on: November 04, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
I don't know that I'd make the whole thing 2X as thick. I think you still want a defined cornicione.

Depending on how you do it, simply changing the way you open the dough may be enough. Don't stretch it over your knuckles. That's the quickest way to get it thin. Do it like this:

Extremely helpful, thanks Craig. I definitely still wanted a defined crust, but the middle portion thicker. Will report back. Appreciate your thoughts. I've posted some pictures under this thread of my first three attempts with Uuni Pro. Really excited to finally be making actual Napoli pies!

wordpress