A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: neapolitan pizza from the Uuni pro  (Read 264 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
neapolitan pizza from the Uuni pro
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:16:57 AM »
I have been a fan of Uuni ovens for a while when the Uuni pro came out I picked it up thru their crowed funding program. I really like this oven for it portability and fuel choices. I like the pellet system and usualy I bake using it. I have used the wood lump coal method and it works really well,and is easier to control then the pellets. I have gotten use to  and love the hands on needed to get them to work successfully .
  the big debate seems to be Roccbox vs. Uuni  the Roccbox put out exceptional pizzas but only using gas. Uuni cooks great pizza with wood and pellets and when the gas attachment becomes available  it will cook well with it too.
  I was able to use my uni pro tonight and wanted to show the oven and results. another member was having trouble with getting the bottom to cook and included a photo showing that with proper heat up the bottoms cook just fine.
  the last pizza was dough that was way past it usefulness but high heat can get it to bake to acceptably.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: neapolitan pizza from the Uuni pro
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:18:50 AM »
a few more pictures

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:13:14 AM »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:53:45 AM »
Tonightís pizza using bread flour @70percent hydration  and the uuni pro with my home made gas burner. This thing knocks out 60 second pizzas with ease. If I could find saputto floor to fit it could cook even faster pizzas.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:19:46 AM by thezaman »

Offline jizza23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:21:57 AM »
You homemade a gas burner?!?!?!?!? How difficult was that? Looks like you're getting it to temp. Got an email from Uuni saying they submitted the US version of the burner for approval. Won't be long now (hopefully), but would love to hear more about your rig.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:37:27 PM »
You homemade a gas burner?!?!?!?!? How difficult was that? Looks like you're getting it to temp. Got an email from Uuni saying they submitted the US version of the burner for approval. Won't be long now (hopefully), but would love to hear more about your rig.
  it will probably be a couple of month yet. the burner is easy to put together. getting the cooking procedure down will take a standard routine to get consistent results. burner parts about 35.00. time to modify one hour.

Offline schold

« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:36:13 PM »
Your pies look great!
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White