A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Barstool reviews DeFazio/Troy NY  (Read 153 times)

Offline corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Barstool reviews DeFazio/Troy NY
« on: August 28, 2021, 01:50:27 PM »
A friend shared this clip with me- he also recently visited the place himself (included are his pie photos). Claiming that what makes their pizza unique is using bread dough instead of pizza dough has me scratching my headóJust looks like thick pizza to me. They use a WFO, according to the Barstool video.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: Barstool reviews DeFazio/Troy NY
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 03:30:52 PM »
They definitely use a wood oven and I'd say they are one of the better pizza places in the Albany area. They've been slowly expanding over the past few years. Opening another location soon and moving their current main base of operations to a larger space. My fear is that once they expand, it won't be as good. The current place seats about 15 and is grandfathered under some old BYOB law. They opened up a little garden area in back. They also have a small market next door. They set up a table in the middle of the store for private parties. It's a fun way to have dinner.

They have a lot of different variations on their dough - wheat, local beer, and I think a few others. The original is the best. It is a pretty standard dough with some semolina mixed in. I took one of their classes years ago.

My issue with the barstool reviews (ignoring the past the behavior of the guy doing them, which I can't do) is that they are all over the place. He's just putting on a show. He also did a review of another area place pretty close to my house. Gave them a 7.5. Same score as Pizza Town USA. The two places are not in the same league.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress