A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Sauce Ingredients / Re: Best way pizza sauce
« Last post by Pizza_Not_War on Today at 02:08:39 AM »
I just use a high quality crushed tomato from a can. Recently I've found that Bianco DiNapoli Organic crushed is my favorite. It really needs nothing else for me to be happy, it has a natural sweet tomato flavor.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Egg recipes
« Last post by Pizza_Not_War on Today at 02:06:44 AM »
Having somewhat of a troubled relationship with alcohol, my "I'm trying to behave myself" alternative to sodas is this:
The only "almost zero" alcohol beer that tastes like beer.
Heineken and Carlton market zero alcohol beers that make craft beers seem good by comparison.
First job when I'm prime minister will be to ban them.
In the last two years the USA has had a mass infusion of NA beers that taste just like beer. I enjoy them daily!

The first beer I ever brewed was from a Coopers Ale kit. It being my first I was amazed at how good it was, which was an illusion in retrospect.
Sauce Ingredients / Re: Best way pizza sauce
« Last post by Alexwilliams18052 on Today at 02:05:18 AM »
Honestly?? It matters on what style of pizza you want to make. Is there a certain type of pizza you're trying to produce??

New York style or neopoliian
« Last post by wotavidone on Today at 01:58:56 AM »
Then, of course, there is Southwark Bitter.
I believe the brewery that makes this stuff is now in international hands, but they are still making the fabled "Green Death"
Only blokes raised in South Australia and Broken Hill in far western New South Wales can consume this without dying.
You have been warned. :-D
« Last post by wotavidone on Today at 01:54:04 AM »
Having somewhat of a troubled relationship with alcohol, my "I'm trying to behave myself" alternative to sodas is this:
The only "almost zero" alcohol beer that tastes like beer.
Heineken and Carlton market zero alcohol beers that make craft beers seem good by comparison.
First job when I'm prime minister will be to ban them.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Valoriani baby 75?
« Last post by GilScales on Today at 01:49:58 AM »
Day 1, 5 hours maxed at 300
Day 2, 6 hours maxed at 400
Day 3, 9 hours with small steady flame now and max dome temp 480
Day 4, rained out but I covered with a tarp first just to make sure I did not take a step back
Day 5, went 30 hours straight into day 6 at the same 480 to maybe 500 dome temp measured at 4 to 5" off center
Day 6, noticed water was barely dripping so turned up the heat with about 100f bump, few hours later another bump and getting to 650-680 range
after another 10 hours water back to dripping more like earlier, man this thing wont quit! and my wife says I have no patience, PLEASE!
« Last post by wotavidone on Today at 01:43:46 AM »
Curious about what your beer or ale preference is.

Here's a way to kill two birds with one gulp.
https://winning-homebrew.com/egg-in-beer-an-interesting-combo-with-surprising-benefits.html
Egg in beer? I dunno. :-\

My preferences in beer tend toward a couple of South Aussie treasures:
Coopers Ale.
Family owned still, I think.
One of very few full scale commercial breweries still in Australian hands.
There are, of course, plenty of smaller locally owned "craft" brewers springing up everywhere.
But trust me, if its "craft" it's generally spelled "crap". Warning signs: if there is a spiel on the label about handmade, that mentions "floral notes" or "fruity finish" or "peach undertones" any other BS that should never be associated with a drink made from barley, it is craft beer, and is only suitable for hipsters with carefully tended beards, man-scaped nether regions and man bun hair.
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by aSliceofHeaven on Yesterday at 11:54:16 PM »
This weekend's experiment..  I was trying a dough recipe that involved using a biga..  The final dough hydration was 66%..  I made a fresh basil/mozz (left), a NYC style (middle), and for lack of a better name on the (right) a "Swirl top"... "Jersey Shore"...  "Grotto'esque"..  LOL..  The pizza on the right which is my favorite style has a sweeter sauce and Land O'lakes mild cheddar..

Do you mind sharing the recipe for the sweet sauce?
Neapolitan Style / Re: Mini Trip Report - Naples & Pizza Class
« Last post by DoouBall on Yesterday at 11:53:56 PM »
Sounds like a very practical workflow for a pizzeria. Thanks for sharing!
Dough Clinic / Re: Dough breaks apart when balling
« Last post by Yael on Yesterday at 10:55:36 PM »
IME, if the surface tears, stop at once..  Next time knead/fold/handle less.

I've only had this happen with high hydration dough, don't know if a lower hydration dough can take more manipulation.

What was explained to me is that when the gluten web tears the water making the bond between the two proteins gets released, that why it gets wetter.  It's probably not just the surface but the entire dough, so if you persist you risk your entire dough disintegrating.

Edit: To answer your question I don't know, but I think the only way to save it is to just leave it alone, any more manipulation will only increase the problem.

^^^
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20