A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
Home Ovens / Re: New pizza oven Carbon kitchen
« Last post by El_Travis on November 23, 2021, 07:55:15 PM »
Seriously thinking about ordering one of these ovens. Does anyone know if they are having a black Friday sale or have any of the $100 dollar off coupons?

I almost ordered the Koda 16, but this oven seems to fit what i want to do better, however the price difference is hard to swallow.

Would also like to get this oven on a Black Friday deal.
Chicago Style / Re: Malnatis Deep Dish Sauce Series
« Last post by vcb on November 23, 2021, 07:50:33 PM »
Extremely happy with this sauce ratio.  How did I do Ed?

Looks good to me!
Chicago Style / Re: Malnatis Deep Dish Sauce Series
« Last post by pythonic on November 23, 2021, 07:39:22 PM »
Can someone please post a link to the full recipe, ideally for a Breville Pizzaiola oven.  TIA!

What’s the lowest setting on that oven?
Pizza News / Re: John Schnatter 1 hour interview
« Last post by Zing on November 23, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »
For some reason, that announcement of the PJ name change reminded me of former New York City mayor Ed Koch's "John Hour" from 1979. These two articles give a bit of background of said "John Hour":

https://www.wnyc.org/story/mary-perot-nichols-guiding-wnycs-rebirth-and-renewal/
(includes censored audio), and:
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/johns-bring-shame-article-1.290056

The only reason I can think of for the name change is the "brother-in-law effect". Somebody in charge must have a brother-in-law that is in the signage business. This change will be lucrative for sign companies, printers, lawyers, etc.

The name change suggests the management consists of people who "pay to play", and differentiates them from "Johns with no kids".

I really think it is a silly move, and will inspire people with a twisted sense of humor such as myself to come up with other nasty remarks about said company.
Home Ovens / Re: Bertello Pizza Oven...With Lots of Accessories...$269 on QVC
« Last post by pizza-in on November 23, 2021, 07:10:23 PM »
Vito Liked It:

Neapolitan Style / Neapolitan with a twist
« Last post by billg on November 23, 2021, 06:24:54 PM »
Hey guys,
I sold my oven over the summer and haven't made pizza in while.  This was made with King Arthur AP flour, IDY, 62% hydration with grande WMM, pepperoni, Sclafani San Marzano Tomatoes, and basil, with Reggiano Parmesan grated post bake and Mikes Hot honey.  Cooked for 75 seconds at 820F.  It was delicious.  Dough was fermented for 48 hours at 62f mixed in a Sunmix10. 
Pizza News / Re: Home Run Inn
« Last post by caymus on November 23, 2021, 05:47:05 PM »
The only time I had it was at Midway Airport.  I didn't care for it.  It may be an acquired taste.  I don't think the frozen version made it to the east coast.
Does anyone source this flour and from where? Brick oven baker was the go to until they shut down for a bit and then decided to close shop for good. Really unfortunate and wish that gentleman the best.

This is sad news. I have been watching the site hoping they'd return as well.
Dough Clinic / Re: Best way to keep salt away from yeast when making dough?
« Last post by Jackitup on November 23, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »
Pretty sure I've mixed it every way, right and wrong without major problems EXCEPT when I FORGET to add the salt!!! Sausage and doughs need the salt, and you can tell by the texture as much as the taste when it's not there!
Chicago Style / Re: Speaking of videos... Travel Thirsty goes to Lou Malnati's
« Last post by Gene in Acadiana on November 23, 2021, 03:33:43 PM »
Wow this look great.  They sure don't skimp on toppings

I bought several pizzas from their online store. Have to say I was not impressed and would never buy again

But I eat those pies everyday

Jerry

I can't say I've tried all of Chicago's finest but Lou's was my favorite of those I've tried while in Chicago over the years. And of course a frozen, packaged version will undoubtedly pale in comparison to having it there straight out of the oven.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]